Camping At Kirby Cove

/
0 Comments

Things I Would Like To Remember About This Camping Trip


-How excited the girls were to play on the beach and be able to run wild in nature, no restraints.
-How much I love the color green, and seeing it all around me in the lush forest.
-The surprise field of calla lilies.
-Watching Addy run ecstatically to the ocean waves, and Isla come scurrying away from them to watch and lounge on the blanket with me.





-The face Isla made when she tried a mouthful of sand,  and the noises she made when I made her spit it out.


-How the girls polished off almost as much of the foil dinners we made as Lester and I did.
-The smell of campfire that always seems to permeate everything and everyone. I love that smell.




-How Addy begged me the day before if she could help make the banana boats we were going to have for dessert, and then how personally offended and sad and indignant she was when the raccoons made off with them in the blink of an eye.
-All the follow up conversations from the raccoon fiasco, like....

"The racoon Mommy and Daddy need to put them in big trouble.  They need a big time out-or a spanking!'
"Oh no Mom, those we're my bananas-and they had marshmellows and I love those and not racoons!"
"Jesus is not gonna be happy about this."
"Oh no, my poor dessert..."
.....and so on and so forth.

-How both girls kept pointing out the big ships that would roll by us on the beautiful ocean...and the hushed tones they had every time they would say "moon" or "star" in the night sky.
-How adorable Isla looked when we realized she is officially to big sharing a sleeping bag with us, so we made a makeshift sleeping bag out of a pillowcase, with her and then the pillow under, all wrapped up burrito style in a blanket...and how much she loved it. [and how we ordered her one of her own shortly after that...]
-The sound of the ocean that put all four of us to sleep, to the point that I took my earplugs out and just listenened to the soft, deep roar of it till I was out.


-How that random deer seemed totally fine with us, and watched us watch him until sauntering over to the battleship ruins-same with the gorgeous birds that were everywhere.




-That swing that was way to tall for us in reality, and how trusting Addy was and good about listening and coming down from it, no matter how beautiful it was.


-The feeling of a perfect Northern California warm day, staring at my girls, my husband and the Golden Gate bridge and skyline, no time limit or restraints, and no one else on the beach. The feeling of peace and perfect contentment,  fulfillment and happiness that came as a result.






-Waking up happy.


Things I'd Like To Forget About This Camping Trip

-The bathrooms.
-The bugs. [how have we camped this much and just now had to deal with bugs?]







Powered by Blogger.