Home 3-A Year Of Firsts

/
0 Comments
I have put off blogging about our last day or two at home because I felt like that would mean that it was officially over and I would feel sad. But it was such a good experience that it can't be left out, and I suppose now I can start looking forward to the next time we can all be together again.

On Friday, my parents let Luke & Sam take the day off of school so they could spend some time with us. We went to the Stonestown mall at first to do some window shopping, then headed over to the SF zoo. It was a blast. They have redone alot of it since we were last there and it was really nice. I also loved seeing both Luke and Sam wanting to take turns walking with Addy in the carrier. They love her so much, and I love them so much. Anywho, we had a really good time. That evening we had fun making our own personal pizzas and watching some Christmas movies before decorating the tree we had gotten the other night. I'm so glad we were able to be there for that Christmas tradition, especially since we won't be there the day of.










Saturday we were all actually home together, so we went to see Luke's robot skills at a school club event. Then we headed over to Fort Point, which is literally right under the bridge. I couldn't believe the views-and that we haven't been there before after all our years living there haha! It was ripe with history and gorgeous architecture, and I loved every second of it. Lester and I think it would be perfect for going to Halloween night if you want to freak yourself out haha! We then headed over to Golden Gate Park for a delicious picnic lunch [who knew it was so hard to find Dutch Crunch out of the bay area?] and that was fun.  On our way out, we had to stop at Ocean Beach. Lester was adamant that we had to dip Addy's little feet in the ocean so she could experience the ocean. ADORABLE and our little adventurer didn't even cry! I knew she was CA girl at heart! [We took a great video, but I'm having issues posting it..so check that out on mine or Lester's facebook I guess..] We visited my Grandma Chandler after this for a gem of a 4 generation picture and we had a good little talk. Finally, we headed home for roast for dinner and visits from a ton of family. Again, we felt engulfed in the love of our family, both immediate and extended and it was wonderful. After everyone had left, we stayed up playing some Monopoly Deal and tried not to cry as we said our beginning goodbyes. After packing some, my Mom read me a bedtime story till I fell asleep and it brought me back to days long gone by. I have to make sure I do that with my sweet girl.














The next morning we said goodbye to my Mom and loaded up so my Dad and Luke could take us to the airport. It was a little emotional and hard to say goodbye to them-this will probably be the longest time I will have ever been away from home; and it will most definitely be the first Christmas I spend away from home. But I've decided to try not to see this as a bad thing-its been a year of firsts. My first time becoming a Mom, my first time living in Oklahoma, our first times not in college, and our parents first time being Grandparents. All these things are good things, especially when I choose to make them so. Plus, I got to come home with the two I love and who love me most. I realize more and more every day that family is everything. We three our now our own family-and that is literally a beautiful thing.


Powered by Blogger.