Practicing Sisterhood

/
3 Comments
We recently announced that we are having our second baby! I have been journaling about it personally [I want to try to make as many special moments and memories with this one as with Addy] and I will be posting more details specifically about just this little one and how we found out within the next few days. I will say how much JOY has filled our hearts with this news. We can't wait to meet this new child and get to know him/her's individual personality. We also can't wait to see how our family dynamics change, and to watch Addy and this baby interact and develop sibling relationships.

As far as Addy goes, we feel like she is already stepping into her new big sister shoes whether she knows it or not. When I came home with our first sonogram and showed it to her, she smiled, humored me and pretended like she knew what I was talking about, even though we all know she didn't haha. But she has at least learned that when using Mommy as a jungle gym, she should avoid my tummy. She also has taken a new love with a toy my parents got her for Christmas. It is a doll version of the Genie from the movie Aladdin. For the last few weeks, she has taken to spending an extensive amount of time 'mothering' him. She tries so hard to put a diaper on him, she puts him to sleep with blankets tucked in, she walks around the house patting his back singing him songs, and my favorite, kissing him. The best part is the super proud smile she gives me when she succeeds in these things-like 'look Mommy! I can be just like you, I'm a big girl now' I feel like if this isn't good practice for her new role as a big sister, I don't know what is.

Anways, like I said, more details on this new baby later and other fun stuff later.





[good old Grandpa with her Genie]








Powered by Blogger.