Another Awesome Birthday

/
0 Comments
I suppose when your husband asks you what you want, and you can honestly answer '...I'm good. I don't want anything' you know life is good and you've arrived. The older I get the more I favour low key, family and activity filled birthdays. This year I turned 28 [trust me, I'm as shocked as you are!] and although it wasn't filled with all the gifts I would've probably loved as a child, it was filled with so many more important people or fulfilling parts of life that are better then any of that. So I'm really grateful and satisfied in an all permeating way for that.

In the end, we went to a breakfast place we've been ogling for while called Brenda's French Soul Food. Not the healthiest choice to be sure, but holy cow-it was awesome. They had four different kinds of beignets, and they were much better then your average basic donut ones. They had plain, chocolate, apple spice, and crawfish. My favourites were definitely the chocolate and the crawfish ones. Everything from the girls caramel pecan french toast, to my shrimp po'boy and Lester's pork belly and grits were on point. Lester actually said at one point 'What is happening to my mouth?' because of the grits. So it was an incredible birthday breakfast with some of my favourite food and my favourite people.

After this, we spent some time with my inlaws who generously got me some gorgeous cakes from one of our favourite bakeries Schuberts in the city [we went with strawberry shortcake and chocolate almond mousse cakes]. We also stopped by our favourite book store, where we spent quite a while perusing before deciding on some new cookbooks and kids books. From here we went to the ever awesome Costco haha, where we got things we needed and a few things we wanted-including flowers Lester and the girls picked out for Mommy which was such a treat. Seriously though, what is it about flowers that make one feel so darn special? Every time I look at them I compulsively smile.

Once we got home, we had a few friends from our ward [at church] over for some Catch Phrase and Pit [games] and ate cake and ice cream. My parents also got me Anne of Green Gables on blue ray which was both a want and a need since my DVD copy finally bit the dust from to much use over the years haha.

Then, Lester and I put the girls to bed and spent the night hanging out together since we are a family and we live together and we love each other which is the just best thing EVER!! So it was the perfect birthday in a pretty darn good life.

Thanks to all those who wished me well and have been along for the ride over the years...it means more then you know!




Powered by Blogger.