Parenthood & March In All Their Glory

/
0 Comments
I used to wonder how parenthood could be both incredibly fulfilling as well as deeply difficult/discouraging. Such polar opposite things. This week, while taking care of my sick little Huckleberry Isla girl, I had a moment of clarity. There are alot of jobs that can have all those things-but w parenthood, and its round the clock nature, there is at least one difference.

In most jobs, you don't have a person actively following your every move to both shower you [whether you want it or not] w physical love, cuddles and attention, as well as art work and words saying how much they love you. On the flip side, at most jobs you don't also have someone following you around demanding more, needing things round the clock, complaining that your not doing it fast enough, well enough, fun enough, or coming up w the right answers, or doing it perfectly. Basically a constant, intense, very demanding adorable critic, that requires patience, discipline, love, support and consistency. And as w anything, the amount of sacrifice and time you dedicate to something, that's how much you get back.

Anywho-after a solid few days of nurse duty [among my many other titles] and a few stolen tears of tender love and full heart, cuddling my babies feeling whole, and a few stolen tears of exhaustion and discouragement during my 3rd shower to wash off the sick while my last bit of laundry washed, I came to this conclusion. And now that I'm a bit more rested, I feel at peace w it. Like the old adage, the best things are worth working for.

Anywho, these are just scattered thoughts that will exist here amongst other pictures and memories. Life moves on, and we are moving and learning and growing right along w it.


[Isla reminds me of my sister Sam and my niece Hannah when she gets sick-she just kind of shuts down, and she seems so much 'littler' if you will. I hate seeing her struggle, but I also love the one on one, cuddly, tender moments we have in those times.]



[Dr. Suess day had meant fun dress up days, like mix and match. The kids had a blast doing it, and they always make each other laugh w their secrets and jokes!]



[Park days w friends!]




[The trick we use to get them to eat even more fruits and veggies]

[Lester's potato inspired dish..I love him so much, and the hobbies we shared!]



[lots of homemade noodles and salads this week]


[delcious crispy potato and rice tahdig to go w our samosas and salads]

[bday leftovers]

[found a new delicious pie place in Boise!]

[Jessica Boots still comes w Isla faithfully everywhere. Its fun to see her now in the doll clothes my Mom made for my dolls years ago.]



[Baby Boo Boo Bear Boy had his first hair cute and it about killed me.]

[Another one of Addy's little masterpieces. Caption says 'Are family is awesome and has evrything  you want come in!'






[It was my 32nd bday this last weekend, and I got spoiled! Some friends took me out to lunch, I got a few gifts [including an amazing new violin which I just took on learning!], and we had a few friends over for the most delicious dinner of home made porchetta and Russian honey cake [to DIE for!] 


Powered by Blogger.