Sweet Summer Time

/
0 Comments

A few months ago, we started talking about the possibility of a trip home for the summer. But even though the older girls were going to be finishing the school year in June, the problem was Lester still wouldn't be off for a bit after that. Plus, I know my own personal limits and was unwilling to do the 12 hr drive by myself with my 4 kids, one of them being a newborn. Enter my Mom, Sam and Luke! 

Despite all of their jobs and lives, they made the drive up to Idaho to spend a few days with us [among other things] and then carpool back with me so we could divide and conquer. The plan was that then, after Lester wrapped up with this last rotation for his 3rd year [cardiology] he would fly to meet us in CA and we'd stay for the month and drive back together at the end of it. Once the plan was officially made, the last few weeks of the school year seemed to drag on! Literally every day the kids would ask both me, and then Siri how many days were left, even though they already knew. They made artwork and plans left and right for when they got here, and could not contain their excitement. In those few weeks, I tried to keep them entertained enough to make it to the finish line, with things like play dates with friends [swimming parties, chocolate making class with their friends, etc] , lots of art work [printmaking, pointillism and abstract expressionism so far] and experiments [including Isla's favorite of growing her own butterflies], and other outings [can't leave you out library!]. I like to think I was successful, but I admit-when the day finally came I was pretty stoked too.







































When they came rolling up in their car, the kids were waiting and watching with a homemade sign up saying welcome. I even caught a paper that Isla had written that said 'WELCOME Grandma, Sam and Luke. Welcome. I am so excited I can't talk. So I had to write this down instead.' It was so cute and I think they were as excited to see us as we were them, especially since none of them had met our little Talia girl yet. 




In the few days they were here we went to Reed's dairy for ice cream and played with some farm animals and a few other fun things. I finished packing while they did things like visit Grandpa's grave, see family that is out here, visit Sam's old school and take some graduation pics,  and of course celebrate Juneteenth. From there, we got on the road, and made our way back to my hometown, the most beautiful place ever [I'm not biased, you are!]. Now we are here, hitting up a beach every day, eating all the best foods, spending time with so many family and friends we miss this last year, and living our best life for now. Be prepared for an over slow of pictures and details on our outings come August when we're trying to adjust back to life away from here! You have been warned!


















Powered by Blogger.