Summer 2023-Space Camp

/
0 Comments

Before this summer started, it was looking like it might be a pretty low key, even boring season for us. So as I tried to fill in the blanks of weeks on end, with outside activities, workbooks, and getting my mind ready for the kids to say "I'mmmmm borrrrrededd' 20 million times, I tried to adjust my thinking. I decided that if I could come up with 3 fun things for the whole break, I had no responsibility towards them, beyond keeping them alive haha!

The first ended up falling into my lap with that Alaskan Cruise that my MIL was set on. Like my last post said, it ended up well exceeding all of our expectations. The second ended up working out [to my surprise and gratitude!] when I received news that a scholarship I had applied my older 3 kids for worked out! Which meant that they all got to attend a full ride, week long aero space camp at Boeing in Seattle. It just so happened that Lester had night shift at that time, so it ended up being me and the 4 kids at an airbnb in Seattle while the kids did it. They were each with a group their own age, and they learned so much and had so much fun. During the days, Tal and I explored the city and did fun things like the zoo, aquarium, China town and more. It was a great time for us all and I was super happy it worked out. 




















The last thing I wanted was for a summer trip home-for all our sakes, but the kids especially were jonesing to see their cousins and extended family. Honestly, early in the summer it was looking unlikely so I told them it probably wouldn't happened and we all begrudgingly tried to accept it. But by some miracle, we were able to make it work. So 24 hours after got back home from Space camp, we repacked and hopped on a plane for CA. I've decided though that I will save all the details and pictures from that for the next post. But ultimately, it was awesome. 

All in all, what was shaping up to be a pretty lame summer, ended up being a great one for the books. It also meant that the few weeks we were home in WA, in our own space ended up being a nice, routine change of pace. Lots workbooks, baking, park and lake days, farmers markets and cuddling with Daddy, and even a Father Brown marathon with my girls.









Now we are the last people to start school, which begins on Wednesday. I think we are ready for it-for some cooler weather. 



Powered by Blogger.