Seattle Road Trip

/
0 Comments
I figured it was high time that I wrote about our road trip to Seattle. Last Wednesday we headed out on the road with my in laws to visit where my husband served his two year mission. While traveling with a child is a lot more fun, it is also a lot more work, but she was a good sport as we took her on several outings through out the trip. She is such a sweet tempered, fun loving girl and we love it. Both places were beautiful and I loved getting see this part of Lester's life before me. We have been together for so long I sometimes forget there were times we weren't together. I liked both places immensely, and would love to someday return.

We took a lot of fun pictures, so I suppose I will just narrate some of them instead of spending a long time writing about it all.



 In the above pictures, we had happened upon a 'drive through tree' in the redwoods by the coast. We stopped and it was close, but we were able to drive through haha! Addy kept throwing her hands up to show 'so big!'


We took a quick stop to check out the Oregon Ducks stadium-it was impressive! Also did I mention Addy is walking these days, both with and without help? CRAZY!



 Up here we are in Oregon at the Rose Test Gardens. It was beautiful! They have thousands of different roses and the grounds as a whole were lovely. I LOVED this spot.

 We also stopped in Oregon at the Portland Temple and as always, it was such place of serenity and beauty as well.



Here we are in Seattle, at the famous Pike's Place Market. We stopped here for fish and chips for lunch and it was fun. We also visited the gum wall which was disgusting and intriguing.



They recently put in a massive Ferris wheel on the harbor in Seattle and we rode it. While beautiful it was so high up it was terrifying! But still, it was lots of fun!


 Here is the also beautiful Bellevue, WA temple we stopped at.
 We were able to go to dinner [delicious Thai food!] and get together a few times with Lisa and Grant as she makes her move to WA. We loved hanging out and will miss them immensely!
While Lester was on his mission, they spent a lot of time proselyting on the University's campus, especially on a place called Red Square. Even thought it was raining, I was super impressed by the campus. It was gorgeous.



On Sunday after church we drove by Snoqalmie Falls and it was gorgeous! The whole gang had to stop and take a quick picture.

On our way back, we stopped once again in Oregon for some quick shopping and snacks at the famous 'Voodoo Doughnuts.' It lived up to the hype to say the least!

We were able to do several other things not pictured here while we were in town, like visiting my cousin and her family while in WA, and visit many of the beautiful parts of WA where Lester served. But rest assured, it was over all a good experience and I am glad we had it. Now, we are home for a week then off again to visit family in Utah and attend my cousin's wedding. Life is just go-go-go right now, but after this month things should slow down a bit. But hey-I'd rather have it full of wonderful, fun things then lame, sad ones. So we will take it!


Powered by Blogger.