There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters

/
0 Comments
A few days ago, my sister Hillary and her family headed back to school and such in Utah. It was bittersweet to say the least. It got me thinking about sisters, and the journey it has been thus far for us. Through all the years, we have had our ups and downs, and like most sisters, had moments of not liking each other, along with those of never wanting to leave. I think growing up and moving away leads you to appreciate things like this so much more. The same silly things make us laugh hysterically, the same things bother us and no one else, we have the same facial expressions or ridiculous sayings. I guess thats what happens when you share a room for as many years as we did.

I think about how it was to become a Mother-the things that led up to it, the feelings that followed etc. and how she skyped w me for hours some days just so I wouldn't feel alone. Sure, most of the time we'd talk. cry or laugh, but sometimes it was even to just watch Ellen or eat our cereal or together. That is a sister-there for you when you don't want them in high school or whatever, and there for you when you need someone who understands you unlike most others. All bc they were there and they've seen you at your worst and best.

I think when she left this time, she was feeling much of the same apprehension I did upon realizing the endless hours motherhood entailed, especially when the hubby is gone for school or work. It can be daunting, and I think she was nervous about being alone a lot. Its a little surreal to see her and think that I was in her shoes not to long ago-like looking in a backwards mirror-but even though it was hard, it was wonderful and she was such a help to me.

So I am SO excited to be able to be on the other side of the screen this time-the one to says the reassuring things, to help buoy her as she starts this journey. I can already see what a great mother she is, and I am excited to remind her of that when she forgets. I think she and I are both so blessed to have such present, supportive and capable spouses and daughters, and such dedicated parents-and of course-to have each other for sisters.



 
[Hillary w her baby]
[me w mine]
[cousins]
[me w these two silly cousins]



Powered by Blogger.