To My New Daughter:

/
0 Comments

Today, I got my first real glimpse of who you will are. You are beautiful. You have been a part of me for several months now, and I expect that you always will be, even as the years fade away and you grow up and move on far to fast. You are coming sooner then expected-you seem to have your own timeline, but I hope this just means that you are as eager to meet us, as we are to meet you. You have already changed our family dynamic and I find myself thinking of you often and imagining what you will look like, what your interests will be, and the adventures you have in store for yourself and for us. I’m sure you are destined for great things.

I want you to know that you are wanted. More then you will ever know, until the day you get the pleasure of feeling the heartbeat of your own little one.  Some foolish people seem to think that somehow you would be of more worth to us if you were a boy. I don’t know why they don’t understand-I hope you know what they do not; that we never wanted anything other then you, exactly you. True, as your parents we will push you,  to try to bring out the best in you. But trust me when I say you could never be anything less then what we wanted. I think these people must have never heard the song Baby Mine-otherwise they would find themselves described when it says ‘all those same people who scold you-what they’d give just for the right to hold you.’ We love you, and love having this right.

I hope to always do all that I can to make sure you never doubt this. I know that right now you are as close to heaven as it gets-you are living in a world that bridges the gap between your heavenly home and your soon to be earthly one with us-and as such you are giving us a view into all the blessings you will bring with your coming. But I hope you will know that with us, you will always be home, and you will always belong, no matter where life takes you or where we all end up.

I am sure that as your Mom, I will make a lot of mistakes. I already find myself wishing I could do more or be better for you and your sister. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the responsibility that comes with the blessing of welcoming your to our family-you are a child of Heavenly parents and by sending you to me they are putting the ultimate trust in me and your Daddy. I want you to know that we will do everything we can to rise to the occasion, and to give you all that you need and deserve. We will always strive to remind you of your divine nature and individual worth, and make sure you feel how much we love you. I hope in the moments where I fall short that you will still know above all else that you are loved and valued, and hopefully somehow this will make up for the sacrifices you may have to make with me as your Mother.

Your sister is sleeping right in a crib that will soon be yours. As parents, you want to give your children everything-the new most fashionable clothes and accessories. Never second hand or with the feeling of second best. I want you to know that this is one of the reasons we know you were meant for this family-one of the reasons we need you, and you need us. Because we want to give you and your sister everything we can. Fads changes, and material things are temporary-even hand me downs will be forgotten-but I promise you that the relationship you cultivate with your sister will remain far and beyond all of those things. Because we want you both to have the best of everything, we are giving you a sister. This is one of the greatest relationships you can have if you allow it to be. I know from experience. I promise you that your sister needs you as much as you need her-and your Daddy and I are looking forward to watching and helping both of you women grow into the incredible women you are meant to be.

Its getting late now, and you finally seem to be sleeping after our super long ultrasound today. I am going to join you girls, and go to bed now too. I just wanted to finish by letting your know that your Daddy, who is at work now, is nothing but ecstatic to have found out more about who you are and how you are growing. He loves you just as much as I do, and I hope you take comfort in the fact that he eagerly awaits holding you in his arms as well. I am sure someday you will laugh when people think your Dad is shy or a bit on the quiet side bc you will be one of the few privileged enough to see him be crazy and silly. He holds those he loves closest to him, and you are surely counted among those-so you will get to see how fun and dedicating he is, and feel how much he loves you.

Again, we love you more then you can possibly know and cant wait to kiss your little cheeks and wrap our arms around you. I look forward to talking to you and getting to know you more every second of every day. Thank you for letting me be your Mom.

Love,

Mom




Powered by Blogger.