My Little Girls

/
0 Comments
I find myself these days feeling like there are not enough hours in the day or limbs for me to use to keep up with these two girls of mine. That said, I am also feeling how fleeting these days are with my babies as I watch them sprout so quickly right before my eyes. Isla is now two months, and she is still such a sweet, sensitive little girl. She has extremely good head control and leg strength and these big wide open blue brown eyes. She does a lot of baby talk & attempts at communication, & is gracing us with her smiles more and more every day now-I defy you to find a more heart melting sight. She loves to be held and bounced and kissed and cuddled and has such a sweet, sincere sense about her. She likes to be wrapped up as often as possible, or at very least, have something to hold onto with her dainty little hands. She loves to watch her sister play, and gets to even participate sometimes. She doesn't cry to terribly often, but when she does she goes from 0, with fluttery adorable little whimpers to 10, with full on screams I-demand-you-hold-me-this-instance cries fairly quickly. Even so, there is no part of me that misses the days before her. She was meant for this family, and she has added an essential ingredient to it-our family feels so much more complete with her here now.







Addy is doing wonderfully. She has quite the extensive vocabulary, and is very active. She loves to run, climb, dance and play. But at the same time she loves books and reading, learning, and cuddling.  She loves to be outside, will eat just about anything, but loves juice the most. She is friendly and over all just such a happy kid.








She is also a very attentive sister. True, there are moments of pacifier stealing or the occasional lap jealousy, but they are rare, and she handles it like a champ. I can't get over how easily she has accepted this role. She loves to come up to her anywhere, anytime and say 'hug' and 'kiss' and then follow it up with exactly that. She still likes to hold her when we let her, and she loves to tell us when she is crying [regardless of whether or not we are right there haha]. She switches between calling her Sister or Isla and often wants to talk to just her, and then she will say a bunch of words and laugh hysterically, like they are sharing a joke. A day or two ago, we were learning about the letter D so we were all dancing while Isla watched wide eyed in the Bumbo chair. Suddenly Addy stopped and ran over, got on her knees and said 'Sister-Isla dance!' and took her by the hands and started helping her dance in the seat, rolling their shoulders moving her arms. It was such a little thing, but it made me feel SO so good about our choice to have them so close together. They are already developing such a wonderful relationship and both of them are growing as a result of it. Apart from how fast its happening I am loving every second of it.


[above two are when she was helping Isla 'dance.']


I guess this is just all on my mind because of today. Lester has been pretty busy lately, putting that hard work ethic to good use, and so while he's putting more hours in work and school, I am putting more hours in on the home front. This of course leads to an almost constant need for Mommy sharing [thank goodness for my family and all the help they give me!]. But today while Lester was at work we went to an engagement party for my cousin and there were so many people willing and wanting to hold/play with my babies, I actually got to have one on one time with each of my girls. The best part was I didn't have to worry that one of them wasn't being attended to, bc I knew they were in good hands! I got to play with Addy in the pool for a good while, and then I got some one on one time with Isla later. It made me realize how much they are growing and how blessed I am to have a front row seat while they do so.

I guess I just felt the need to document once again where we're at right now and who my girls are at this age. I'm so glad my Mom did that for me, and I want to be sure I am able to give that to them as well. Being there Mom is a precious gift, and I hope they know how much I love them-and how grateful I am to be a part of their story.


Powered by Blogger.