The Letter A

/
0 Comments
Addy is at an age where she is picking up on so many things; I sometimes feel as if I can see her mind growing as she expands her vocabulary and gives herself new adventures. So far, we have worked on things like numbers, colors and of course the alphabet. However, although we focus on learning these things on a daily basis, I thought it might be good to go in a more structured way then we have been. So, I sat down with my sister Sam a few days ago and made a bit of program if you will of what our days will consist of for a while. 

Our first feat will be focusing on her alphabet. Every day we are going to focus on a different letter, and do things related to that. It can be an activity, or eating a food, reading books that focus on that letter, etc etc. 

Even though Addy can already get to C all by herself, I thought we'd start from the beginning. So today was all about the letter A. We started by watching a quick little Sesame Street podcast on A-the sound it makes, words that start with A, what it looks like etc. Then we read some stories about Ariel [since that starts with A, and it was related to our activity]. Then, we hit the road for our activity-after stopping for some freshly squeezed Apple juice and lunch, we arrived at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Honestly, we all had a blast but I don't know who was more impressed-Addy or us! It was SO cool, filled with all kinds of sea life and fun we couldn't get enough. My favorite part was getting to pet the sting rays. I think Addy's was the kids play area which was so interactive and age appropriate. Lester's was the deep sea area which had gigantic fish, sharks and turtles. And Isla's of course was the parts that were dark bc they were easier to sleep in haha. Overall, Monterey was beautiful and we will most definitely plan another trip there sometime in the future to see the beautiful beaches and more of cannery row, etc. 

Tonight, when I put Addy to put I asked her what letter we learned about today. She smiled so big, took her pacifier out and said 'A' clear as day and even made the sound to follow it. I think we are going to enjoy this, and I hope it continues to be as fun as it was today. I am so proud of the big girl our Addy she is and how she uses her smarts and her brains to make all of us fall in love with her more every day. 












Powered by Blogger.