Addy's Second Bday

/
0 Comments
As of yesterday, my Adelaide is a large and in charge 2 year old! Even writing that sounds surreal-it feels like its been two seconds instead of 2 years-and yet at the same time I feel like I can hardly remember life before her-like she has always been here where she belongs, with us.

I think as a parent you want to be sure that your children aren't spoiled, but at the same time you love them so much you want to 'spoil' them or give them the world. I think, for me at least, this came to the forefront. Addy has a few friends in nursery, and we wanted to let her have some of them over, so we decided to throw a little bday party. The nice thing about it being so close to Halloween is that its a built in theme-so we told her friends to come in costume, and be ready for some fall fun. We made minestrone sausage soup, and my Mom made some delicious buttery rolls, and had cider and water to drink. We ate and played for a while, Addy with her friends, me and Lester with ours, which was a nice fit! Then we eventually headed into the back yard for a pumpkin piñata. I think this was a first for many of the kids, so it was really fun to watch. I particularly loved how after I told Addy what to do, she felt the need to say 'Whack!' out loud every time she hit it. It was like she thought it wouldn't count if she neglected to say it-so funny and so typical Addy. All the kids seemed to have fun, but the way their eyes lit up when they saw the candy falling was priceless-it was like a light bulb went on, and they suddenly saw the point in hitting the pumpkin. They all raced around to get their candy, and then we eventually headed in for more play time and hanging out. When it came time for dessert, everyone sang happy bday and Addy blew out candles on her pumpkin pie like a pro. We had this a la mode and then did some present time and more hanging. We are so lucky to have so many good friends, and I know Addy loved every second of it!














On her actual birthday, we were able to go out for a birthday breakfast in Nob Hill with my in laws. The food was delicious and Addy loved her blueberry banana souffle pancakes almost as much as the time with her Lolo and Lola. Later that night, we did cake, ice cream and presents with my family, since Lester had to miss that portion of the birthday party when he had to go into work. 






That night when we were reading some of her new books and cuddling, I again thought about how much more my already wonderful life means now that she is in it. Her, Isla and Lester are not just my family, but they are also my best friends-corny, but true! There is no one I would rather spend my days, or my life with. Love that crazy, independent, sweet two year old of mine. 


Powered by Blogger.