Carnival & Pumpkin Carving

/
0 Comments
This weekend has been awesome, but at the same time I am a little glad it is over! On Saturday we had our Primary carnival which we had been looking forward to all month. It was a lot of work, but we had a lot of help, and over all I think it was a success. I am glad I got this opportunity to see all that goes into planning an activity like this-it gives me a greater appreciation for how hard all my leaders must have worked to make things fun for us over the years.











Addy came dressed as an elephant, and she loved pal-ing around with our sweet friend Anne throughout the day. This, coupled with the candy made a great time for her, and she conked out as soon as soon as we got in the car.

On Sunday I got the chance to try doing sharing time for the first time [its a portion of the children's class in my church, where we teach them various principles]. Once again, I thought it went ok and I hope as I practice more here and there I can hone my skills and become better at it.

Then that evening we were able to visit with my in laws, and come home and carve pumpkins while listening to the world series. It was fun watching Lester and Addy enjoy themselves, him with carving, and her with playing with the pumpkin guts. We all took turns holding Isla and giving her a view of things as well.

 In listening to the game [which we won, GO GIANTS!] it made me think about even though this may sound silly, the Giants have been a major part of my life and growing up. I remember years of going to games with my Uncles or Dad all the time back in the days when we weren't winning world series left and right. The Giants have been there through the teen horror of getting braces, through my first dates with Lester, through the excitement of starting college, and then through our first years of marriage and now our babies. We actually have home videos of the 2010 world series when we were living in our dinky little one room apt in Rexburg, and us watching them clinch it once and for all. The excitement [and torture] is tangible and it still almost stresses me out now watching it. Then we have a video of us living in Oklahoma with newborn Addy on my chest a few days after she was born and winning in 2012. I suppose if we take it again this year we will have to video it again. Anyways, I don't really know what my point is with this-I suppose just to say it is fun to see how time goes by and even though people and things change, there are some things that never do-things like family, and the fact that we bleed black and orange over here haha.

Anyways, so that is more of our fun October so far. We've got one more party and then Halloween itself before the month is over, and we are going to try to enjoy every minute of it!







Powered by Blogger.