Our Big Girl

/
0 Comments
I feel like its about time I did another Addy post. Once a sibling enters the picture, a family's life can get exponentially better-but it still doesn't hurt to spend some one on one time focusing on each kid individually, to let them know that they are unique and loved on a personal level-which is exactly what Addy is.

Our Adelaide has always had the ability to light up a room. She has this completely infectious smile and over the top silly personality to match it, and she has been a joy from day one. She is fairly easy going-she is happy to go along with the flow, whether that means schedule wise or just life wise I guess.

We have taken her on just about every adventure we have gone on, be it camping, backpacking, through crowded cities or wide open fields, beaches and lakes and she has loved every one [except snow when she was younger-homegirl hates to be cold haha!]. We take her [and Isla] out to eat with us, on errands, you name it, she's all in.








She is a people person, yet she still likes to cuddle, and love on those closest to her. On any given day, she could be a complete Daddy's girl, then the next a total Mommy's girl.

She has an incredible imagination and uses it in combination with her natural intellect. I can't tell you the number of times I have heard her playing with her characters on a castle she's built from blocks or legos, expounding on concepts she's learned from books, observation or purposeful lesson. There are things like naming the shapes and colors [from reds and blues, to circles, squares, crescents, etc] numbers and letters. But I especially love things like the Princesses 'fighting' amongst themselves about needing to share, hearing her saying things like  'Sabotage!' and 'Sacre Bleu!' to Luke when he teases her, or singing 'Figaro, figaro FIIIGARROOO!' at the top of her lungs.



[She said "Look Mom I'm a sloth. Actually I'm stronger then a sloth!" to me here. Who says that haha?!?]


She is extremely active-she loves to climb, run, explore and push her boundaries and she loves encouraging her sister in this shared hobby [for better or worse.] She loves legos and dinosaurs, princesses, play dough, anything that involves sand or water, reading, coloring, pacifiers, pasta, baking, her family and friends, Phineas and Ferb and Little Einstiens.





She has definite opinions on what she will and won't wear, and lately has been adamant about 'I don't want to!' which has led to more then a few temper fits. But over all, she is pretty obedient when it comes down to it.



She is a great big sister, and cares very much about how Isla is faring at any given time-even when it is at her own expense [aka Isla is sad bc Addy doesn't want to share.] She loves music, dancing and singing and will do so at any given time.



When she loves something, she repeats it about a million times and never tires of it. She is learning to process her emotions, and often times tries to articulate it in words rather then tears-sometimes successfully [with things like 'I'm feeling mad Mom' or 'you hurt my feelings' when I won't let her eat a million cookies] and sometimes not which leads to epic meltdowns. She is determined and strong willed, and sweet and happy and more wonderful then we could've ever imagined.

[her surprised face..]

[her anger face]

[her confident face]



Waking up to her encourages me every day to be a better, happier person and even in the times I lose my patience [which is more then I would like to admit] she lights up my life and give me far more beautiful moments and perspectives then I had in the days before her. I wish I could sum up how important she is to our family and to me personally-but I can't. I guess I will just end this by saying that this almost 3 year old has easily give me the most purpose and motivation that anyone ever has, and that she is more then just my first baby, but one of my 3 best friends. And I love her more then words could ever express.

Now excuse me, while I photo dump a ton of my ridiculously photogenic memories of her right now..













Powered by Blogger.