Focus On Family

/
0 Comments



Things in our neck of the woods have been good. We've enjoyed some time together pursuing our hobbies, and endured some time apart for work and school, and are now focusing on the things to come in our lives.

We particularly enjoyed the coming of Easter time. My life is one immersed and focused on family-the family I come from, and the family I'm creating with Lester. This year, we got the special opportunity to spend time with both, and to listen to testimonies and words spoken about Jesus Christ in our bi-annual General Conference through my church. To me, family means having a place that you always belong-a place that means growth as you learn about your best and worst qualities; but still knowing you are loved regardless. Family means that even if you don't belong anywhere else, you belong here, with your family. Of course, I realize that this is sadly not the case for everyone, which isn't fair. Everyone deserves to feel like they belong and they are valued and loved for who they are. I believe in Jesus Christ, and I believe that because of him, there is not a single person in this world who has to go unloved or feel that they don't belong. I believe that because he lived and gave his life for us, we matter to him, and we always can come running to his open arms. I believe that he understands us in a way no one else does, because he has actually been in our shoes and walked our path. I hope my kids and my family and friends always know that they matter to me, and that even if they don't feel they fit in or belong anywhere else, they always belong with us-and that they always always matter and belong to a loving brother and Savior who would, and has, sacrificed everything for them. Easter reminds me of this hope and joy and belonging as I reflect upon this, and on his resurrection.

I often hesitate to post things like this because I worry that I will make someone feel uncomfortable or preached at-I also don't want people who respect me to look at me differently, and think that I've lost perspective or I am not as independently minded as they might have originally thought. But then I think about how those who read this love me for me-and how this belief is a huge part of who I am, and I don't want to pretend any differently. The Savior has stood by me and for me when I felt that I couldn't-and so the least I can do is to make it clear that I stand in gratitude with him for bringing me a family and friends to cherish, this year and always. If you are reading this, I thank you for being a part of that.















Ultimately, we did what we did most holidays-ate too much food, had fun visiting with friends and family, and enjoyed playing outside at the beaches and other things. We dyed Easter eggs, much to Isla's enjoyment, as we got to use the leftovers for eating. We had a few fun little Easter egg hunts, and enjoyed getting creative with other leftover foods.

We've since enjoyed some beach walks with my family [the Last's were visiting and we got to hang with them for that!] and some friends. We've played with our smoker, and done some fun all American smokes, as well as some Asian influenced meals with home made Bahn Mi's. We've enjoyed lots of park days, museums, hikes and beach days, and of course foods lately-apart from the our usual favourites, we have really been loving places with home made pasta, which the girls and I love to watch them make, and recently Wise Sons for some of our favourite Jewish foods. And I can't say enough about Dad's Luncheonette in Half Moon Bay-we happened upon it after a visit to Addy's doctor for an allergic reaction to dragon fruit of all things, as they are on the same lot. A friend had recommended it to us, and we are now hooked-and there is even a Swiss chocolatier if you want hot chocolate or what not afterwords. The girls have also finally gotten to enjoy their much anticipated chocolate class, and in case they didn't love chocolate enough, they now love it even more and have a greater understanding and appreciation of all that goes into making it. Basically what I'm saying is guys how are we ever going to leave here someday? The answer is we can't.

We also had some fun w St. Patty's Day, with a tricky leprechaun leaving his mark all over the house, and visiting Addy's class. We've got to see a few concerts her class has put on as well, and we are so proud to see her thriving-even being nominated to be the March student of the month!





























































So, the kids will keep growing and life will keep going on and we will just keep going forward and try to enjoy the now. 


Powered by Blogger.