We're Here Now

/
0 Comments

In the whirlwind of moving, the kids and I were able to have a lot of quick visit with friends and family, and make our unexpected, but necessary goodbyes. Lester didn't get this chance of course, bc of how rushed everything was, but in the end, I think it worked out best this way. After helping us pack up as and label everything we wouldn't need for two weeks, he was able to drive out here with his Dad, find us a place to live and start the long, exacting process of medical school. So by the time I had tied up everything on our end, he was extremely eager for us to join him.

After lots of play dates with friends, beach visits, food in the city, visits with all our Grandmas, crafts, baking, and a few parties, we were set to drive out on Friday. Luke, my Dad, Matafanua and Fesuluai helped me pack up the moving van from my house in a hot second, and so by the time we arrived to finish up the rest of our packing at my inlaws, with several of our friends coming to help, the job took 15 minutes, and we spent the rest of the time visiting, eating, and just hanging out. It was bittersweet to say the least-all week I'd been leading up to these goodbyes, with these friends I grew up with, ones I'd made and formed extremely close bonds with in the last few years, and then of course, with my family who my kids have no experience of life without-so it was a little sad and hard. I had to continually remind myself of the changes that happened to bring me to that point-and to think about all the wonderful, exciting changes that could happen with this new phase of our lives. And of course it helped to think about being back with Lester, in our new home.



[went to the cutest baby shower for my friend Lisa, and got to make a cake and cupcakes for it-the games and decorations and food were wonderful. So glad I was able to be there still for this!]






[pancake art to help pass the days till we saw Daddy again.]



[museum dates with friends]


[Bravery crafts kept us inspired and busy! Binoculars while we learned about conservation and different habitats that week..]









[nature walks with our explorers gear and binoculars]


[more playdates and yummy cinnamon themed potluck for a girls night Wendy put on!]

[so beautiful haha! Dinner and dessert out with friends!]







[these are from my friend Becca's wedding, but they were too cute not to share!]

[learning to make caramel apples! 



[soaking up beach and friend time before we move away..]


[the friends who came to help us move stuff, and say goodbye-we are the luckiest to have so many wonderful friends!]

 So the next morning I woke up at 4,  saw my Dad, Luke and Andrew drive off into the sunrise, and followed them shortly afterwards with my father in law and the kids. A million hours later, we finally made it, and it has been an endless stream of errands and firsts ever sense. First day of school for Addy, first official day of school for Lester, complete with a new campus ribbon cutting ceremony, first road trip for Bear, first bunk bed for Addy and Isla and so on. But I am loving all the tender mercies I'm seeing along the way-I love having our own space, and setting it up. I love seeing all the green wide open spaces here, and knowing there a million kids, and tons of nice people to get to know. I love spending more time doing basic things with my kids, like swimming every day, or experimenting with new bakes. I love seeing Lester thriving at his new amazing school, and feeling the rewards that are coming from his hard work. And I love that even though we are gone, that not a day goes by that I don't hear from all my people back home, making the transition all that much better. I want to say thank you from the bottom of my Grinch melted heart to all of you wonderful people who have made it so hard to leave-you have made our years here a treasure. And a special thank you to mine and Lester's Dads, and to Luke and Andrew for making the drive out with us. And a thank you to all those who are opening their hearts to us as we make this new place our home for the next few years. I just feel like the most blessed person on the planet-even amidst all the new change, which I am working hard on adjusting too. Change has never been my strong suit, and there are definitely a million ups and downs throughout each day-but I will get there someday. Until then, this will all have to do! And I am at peace with that. We're here now-and I am trying embrace that.

[Bear shenanigans on our road trip in the car..]
[First walmart trip the night we got there for essentials..]

[first day of Primary at church, and they sang them a welcome hello song. Addy was feeling a little homesick, but this helped...it was very sweet.]

[this is the recipe of the cake our friend Priscilla made the night we were leaving..it was so good I made it here when we were invited over for dinner at a families house here. It was gone within 5 minutes!]




[swimming at our pool! So fun!] 

[All the following our from Lester's amazing new campus!]



[chillin in Daddy's locker..]









[One of the main perks to being here in ID-Reed's Dairy. I can have brown cows again!]




[Our big girl's first day of school-she handled it like a pro and picked her own outfit and everything. We miss her every day during it haha!]

[My favorite room in our new place, mainly bc we have pictures up now!]




 [fun at the Kid's museum here]





[paddle boating with Lolo at the park in downtown Boise!]

[our complex has big green spaces for running or crawling around in, so that has been nice! we even have room to use our smoker these days, which has been nice! Bear is in heaven with all the wide open spaces. He's even decided to crawl rather then just scoot occasionally haha.]


[the cute Boise farmers market had a jam booth and it was great. Donuts afterwards and Bear was loving it!]

[the day we got the TV all hooked up haha.]

[dinner downtown one night]

[he is always dancing these days and I love it.]


[one of the cutest local libraries, which is 9 minutes away from us. We are regulars now haha!]


[the day the bunk bed came in and got set up-I am so glad they have each other!]




[swimming all day every day, until it gets to cold. we almost always have the pool till ourselves too!]

[Practicing our preschool numbers and letters while Addy's at school! Thanks Grandma!]


Powered by Blogger.