Leaving Home & Coming Home

/
0 Comments
Today marks 8 years of marriage for me and Lester. Eight years. How is that possible? Sometimes when I look at him, I still feel like a frizzy haired, braces wearing pre teen, staring into the eyes of a part-down-the-middle and slicked down, fitted out pre teen boy. 14 years together, 8 years of those married, 2 degrees, 3 kids, 4 different homes, and countless hours of work, laughter and tears (both happy and sad). A whole lot of LIFE. Its not perfect or glamorous-but it is exactly what I dreamed of when we were kids. And I'm living that. I am living my dreams with him.

Ironically, today we are not together celebrating. We are in different states getting our ducks in a row for even more life. After years of working towards this goal, Lester is currently in Boise, ID starting his second day of medical school. While he gets things set up there, I am here w the kiddos tying up all our lose ends. exciting. nerve wracking. New. Fast. Terrifying. Above all, bittersweet, which doesn't even begin to encompass what I'm feeling at this time. But I will say this. I miss him and I'm proud of him.

Home isn't here anymore-home is Lester. And even though I will miss it here more then I can say, I am ready to go home to him.

I love you Lester-happy anniversary. Thank you for the life we've lived together so far, and the life we're building together now. Thanks for choosing me-and I'd choose you a million times over, again and again. We'll be home soon.











Powered by Blogger.