The Start of 31

/
0 Comments
Well, I've officially said good bye to 30, and am currently trying to befriend 31; so hopefully it will treat me good haha! I was lucky enough to have several visitors, treats and little gifts through out the day, and they all meant so much to me. Sometimes the little things add up to something important and great you know? That's how this was for me. Lester also took us out to lunch and for a quick day date, and when I came home there were beautiful, sunny flowers and a delicious pistachio raspberry tart waiting, along with cards and crafts the kids made for me. When I picked Isla up from her little joy school, her fellow classmates and there Mom's sang happy bday for me, with cupcakes and a little gift. So so thoughtful.



Then the next day, my Mom arrived and we were able to spend some time with her before Lester and I headed out on a fancy date night and she watched the kids. They had a blast, and so did we. We went to a place called State and Lemp, and it was so nice to revisit this old hobby of ours-I think get out and about date nights like this are good for feeling like your escaping the norm, and then feeling ready to get back to the norm when its all said and done. The food was good, with some courses as high lights, and some not so much, but over all it was fun! And I had the best company so it was an awesome belated bday date.











On Monday, bright and early, I said goodbye to the sleeping kiddos and thank you to my awesome Mom, and Lester drove me to the hospital for my outpatient gallbladder surgery. It was a little bit surreal, laying there in hair nets, hospital gown and booties, hooked up to so much equipment. The last thing I remember was being wheeled into what seemed like a TV set with so many bright lights, masked people and buttons and then when I woke up a while later it was disorienting being somewhere else. Despite being in a bit more pain then I anticipated through out recovery so far, it seems everything went very smoothly and I am on the mend. So I am happy with it!

And now we are just here, with my Mom doing all the meals, drop offs, and pick ups, and Lester studying or doing school stuff, or helping take care of me when he is home. Luckily, we got some crafts, cooking adventures, get togethers, and fun stuff in before I was put out of commission, and they also love to spend any time they can with Grandma.

[Lester's makes the best breakfasts/lunches!]

[indoor snow to play with!]


 

[We had friends over for dinner and got to cook and bake to our hearts content, as seen above!]

[learning about how mountains and volcanoes are formed through tectonic plates pushing up against each other!]


[Addy is learning all about the beauty that is reading lately-right now we're in the middle of Charlotte's Web and Narnia]

 
[So many good salads over the last few weeks.]



[tin can walkie talkies we made]

[Bear's favorite spot]

[we've made way too much ice cream in the last little bit-raspberry chocolate, cinnamon chocolate, and then earlier this week salted malted vanilla and Tahitian vanilla.]

[Registration for school!]

[Alice Waters has a super simple chicken noodle soup recipe that I'm obsessed with.]


[painting with Grandma-she has a craft for every single day she's here-so lucky!]

[avo toast is life]

Its been a whirlwind start to what I hope will be a great year, and I am feeling so so grateful for all the help and support I've received already. Life is good!


Powered by Blogger.