Rejuvenation

/
0 Comments

This is an update post. October was busy and fun. November was weird, and hard in moments, and in the end rejuvenative. And now, we are already in December. Which I will write about later. I know if I was following an algorithm to get people to read I would add less pictures, and write less words and less sporadically, and separate these into different posts and so on and so on.  But I just don't care and and this is for me and my memories and it helps so I'm doing it the way the way I want to. That said, here is what our last few months have been like. 

October 

-We had a fun Halloween. The kids basically lived in their costumes all month long. Sabrina literally sat down with Addy months ago and they designed a 'Fleur Delacour' costume, and then she made it and sent it to us. The talent of some people amazes me. Isla and I worked on her Luna Lovegood costume all month, and put a lot of small details into it. Bear went as Black Panther, who he's always loved and we had just seen the second movie so it worked out perfect. And Tal was in hand me down heaven, wearing all the various princess outfits to each occasion. It was a lot of fun, and I love how festive Arlington is. Pumpkin rolling activities, trick or treating and carnivals, trunk or treating with their school and at church. It was a lot of fun. 















-Our Addy turned 10! We spent the day celebrating her, with presents, and whatever activities and food she wanted. It ended up being a perfect, family filled low key day which was just perfect. Can't believe she is over a decade old! Grateful for her in all the ways. We needed her. The world needs her. 








-We celebrated Dia De Los Muertos. First year all my grandparents have been on the ofrenda and it was a bitter sweet, but great time for us or reminisce and feel grateful for the relationships and history we share. 



-We had our first snow, and since then most mornings are frosty, or rainy, but beautiful. We've had lots of library days, some weekends in Seattle here and there, local harvest markets etc, and lots of other fun stuff. The PNW delivers. 






-We did a bunch of cooking baking, just in time to decorate for Christmas after trick or treating. 










November

From here, we took a detour. I was starting to feel like I was pouring from an empty cup for so many reasons. It got to a point where I felt a bit like I was drowning and trying to keep us all a float [unsuccessfully] at the same time. So I asked for help. Which can be hard sometimes. And we went home for a sec. And my community surrounded me, both here and there to help begin refilling it by pouring from their own. And I feel supported. And grateful. And deeply moved. Even hopeful. Which is a gift I don't take lightly. Life can be beautiful-and hard. Both. And it's ok to ask for help. Doesn't make me any less for sharing my weak parts, as well as my strong ones. I'm trying to remind myself of that daily. 

We were there for two weeks, and the first one we mostly just survived, and enjoyed spending as much time with cousins and siblings, parents and grandparents as possible. The second week we got out and did some other fun stuff. Here are some highlights:

-I got to see two movies, one w Luke at midnight, like I was young again [Glass Onion], and Strange World w Lolo and family. 


-We got to celebrate my Mom's birthday w a Harry Potter Birthday party. It was so fun! We played tabletop Quidditch, had potions class [Mariah did this, it was awesome], ate cake and snitches and watched Mom open presents. We also celebrated my FIL's bday with cake and karaoke fun w Lester's siblings. 










-We made paroles w Sabrina again this year, and it was so beautiful seeing them all hanging there over a beach cliff sunset.











-We went to Dickens Fair, which was so fun w cousins to play with. The carousel I think was a favorite, and to get us more into the holiday spirit. 











-We also had some much needed beach days, park visits, walks, art projects and kitchen dance parties. Why don't more people dance? Dancing is good for the soul. I also got to get together w my friends one day too which was also good for the soul.








































-And of course, we celebrated Thanksgiving. This year, Jade hosted all million of us. It ended up being a nice, relaxing fun day full of delicious food, games and fun. 












And like I said, now it's well into December and we are back home with our Lester, doing all the fun cozy holiday things and I'm feeling ok. I admit, Christmas helps with that. And being with my little family. 




Powered by Blogger.