More Memories

/
0 Comments
So this post is more for my memory then anything else. Addy has been going through some kind of moody, hot then cold phase lately that isn't typical of her. Its hard to gage whether its more teething [she still has a cute fairly toothless grin with just 5], or an introduction into the terrible 2's. I suppose I thought there was a good chance that with her easy going personality we might be lucky enough to skip that phase-but I suppose that was a little naive. She is a kid, and its normal for her to get frustrated with things like only being able to communicate some of what she wants, or learn that just because you want something doesn't mean you always get it, even if you say your please and thank you.

I hope this doesn't sound like she is spoiled-she is far from it. I still can't get over what a happy, well behaved girl she is. She shares well, loves to play with about every other kid out there [whether they want to play with her or not haha], smiles at everyone and is just all around fun. Disciplining her is even hard bc for the most part she takes it so well-if she even hears the word time out, often times she will see herself to the corner herself and wait patiently till I come to explain to her what she's done wrong and have her apologize and give a hug. She LOVES to give kisses. She tells us often when she's ready for her nap or crib, and she loves her blanket and 'pwa' or pacifier, which she only gets when she's heading to sleep. She's smart-she can say/repeat every letter of the alphabet except W, she still loves books, picks up more words and actions then we'd like, and is a great helper. Lately, she has started singing which is hilarious to hear and watch. I love her dancing, especially when its the full body kind. Girls got moves! She loves music, all things Disney, going out, or 'side' as she calls it, chasing birds and playing in any kind of sand. She also loves all things water-swimming, beaches, bath time, etc. She loves most foods except ham of all things, but her favorite is blueberries and snitching chocolate chips from Grandma. She seems to trade off depending on the day or mood between who she wants comforting her when she is upset, which is interesting but fine-for example, yesterday it was all about Mommy, but today she was a little Daddy's girl. She is SUPER active and reckless [that part I don't love] and she loves Uncle Luke and thinks they are the same age and partners in crime. For the most part though she loves pretty much everyone and is good about sharing the love. Sitting here writing this is really giving me back the perspective I need-all things considered I know we are very, very blessed.

Daddy's Girl
Cuddling Outside w/ Daddy
Baking banana chocolate chip bread with Mommy

Bath Time w her cousin-like I said she loves water
I wasn't kidding about her love for Disney..she put this on herself.
Breaking it down while listening to some music..our crazy dancer!

Waiting patiently after seeing herself to time out for some nonsense. This child!

That's why the temper fits lately have been so surprising and out of the ordinary. As we are preparing for her little sister's debut in about a month, I find myself feeling torn in two directions-worried and feeling bad on the one hand that I won't be able to devote all my time and love to her like we are used to, and like she [and every kid] deserves. But also like I wish I could dedicate as much to this new girl as I've done for the last 22 or so months with Addy. But my husband, Mom and Rocio have assured me time and time again that despite what seems inevitable division, my love will multiply instead. I suppose that is another gift from God-a capacity to fit more love that you ever thought possible within you. I am sure they are right, and I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this girl to feel that multiplication.

Until then I will have to cherish the time that I do have to just baby Addy-to cuddle her, to bake with her, to kiss her, read to her and have her be my only little one. I know it is fleeting and it reminds me in the difficult temper fit terrible 2s or teething moments that even these are a blessing.


Powered by Blogger.