A Perfect Summer Day

/
0 Comments
Today was the stuff of summer dreams. It was chalk full of fun, friends and easy going laid back activities. Melissa and I hang out a lot, typically at local parks or at her place. Our kids love each other, and we always have stuff to talk about or fun things to do, so its win win. But this morning, we decided to venture out with our friend Sara and her sweet daughter. So we set out for some sunshine and berry picking in Pescadaro. 

Seriously, there is something about the the beauty of a gorgeous berry farm, right off the coast that makes magic when combined with the excitement of little kids. We let them run around and play in all the little play houses and stationary farm equipment while we enjoyed a picnic lunch. Then we headed in to check out the little animals, and pick ollaliberries [which are very similar to black berries.] I think Addy ate her weight in berries-and that is apart from the ones that actually made it in our buckets. But it was such a good, chill time and I loved both the activities, the fun and the conversation. 













Its funny thinking about how several years ago I was telling Melissa that Lester was coming home from his mission and it was going to be so awkward for me-and her giving me some advice and even joking that we would end up back together pretty quickly. I think I was her only daughter's nursery leader back then. Its been SO nice being able to hang out with her so often now, with me and him married and having our second, and her berry picking with her brood of three kids. Funny how things work out! I am also going to miss Sara as her and her family head back to Utah-but at least there is still a good chance of our getting together there every once in a while.

[this was from another day but it was to cute not to post..they love playing dress up!]

Anyways, after we had our fill of berry picking, we headed over to a local country store. It had fresh homemade bakery items [my favorite of course were the croissants] deli items, home grown meat, etc. But the absolute high light for me at least was when I came upon a big old barrel of huge, home made, crunchy DELICIOUS pickles haha. I am wishing I had gotten several to enjoy later, but I tried to reign it in and got just one. SO good. Afterwards, we all headed back home for some R&R.

Later that night, Lester, Addy and I got to go to dinner and tour Zynga with Sara, Nick [who works there] & Ori. Talk about ruining you for any other job! The food was delicious, the facility was huge and amazing, and every floor had games and places to hang out galore. And the craziest part was it was all free, and just part of his work! We eventually left both extremely full and having had a ton of fun playing all sorts of games. Addy actually told us several times she was not ready to leave, but as it was getting late we had to.

For me, the icing on the cake was once again the fact that we got to come home together and enjoy the basics, like putting our girl to bed together and being a family. I don't know why but I feel like the tide or wind of our lives is headed for some changes and challenges soon, but I do know that we will be fine either way. But it just makes you want to cherish and appreciate the sweet, simple days like this one-so you have something to look forward to in the hard moments. Still, I look forward to hopefully many more perfect summer days like this one.


Powered by Blogger.