Isla's Baby Blessing

/
0 Comments
After packing in a few hours of sleep that night, Sunday came. It was a very special one for us bc we were blessing our sweet baby Isla in church that day. While dressing her in her little white dress I couldn't help but feel in awe again at how blessed we are to be living this life. That feeling did nothing but increase as the day went on. I couldn't help but think about how all the ppl there had been such an important part of our past, present and future. Of course, our parents who raised us and taught us life skills and gospel principles. Siblings who grew up along w us for the ride, in the good bad and ugly parts. Former leaders from our teenager and young adult years who helped shape the directions we were taking. New family members who had taken us on willingly and decided they wanted to be a forever part of our future. And of course, a husband and father w his sweet girl helping to seal so many blessings upon her. It was memory I shall cherish forever.





Among the things that were said in her blessing were several unique and tender things. It talked about how much she was loved by her family, and that they would be a blessing and help to her. One thing that was said was God offered these words to her: You are not alone. That these words would help her through out her life. It then said she would be blessed w a healthy body and mind. There have been several times throughout life and pregnancy where I have asked myself if I ever had a child who had difficulties I didn't, would I be able to handle it? How would I know how to help them if I hadn't been in there shoes? Since she was born and even in the womb there were times where Isla does these little shake seizure things-the kind of jerky movements that people do when they sleep, but she does them when she's awake and often. Doctor says there completely fine, but as a parent of a newborn you always worry and wonder. I felt like that part of her blessing was a response to her, and also me. It was a comfort and reminder that even if I don't know know all the things she goes through, God does and he will qualify me and make sure she is never alone. I felt like in that moment where that was said, I accepted that she may have difficult struggles in life [as all of us do] that everything would be ok-then the blessing and words came that she would also be a healthy child. No matter what, it is nice to know and feel that everything will be ok. The blessing also included a few other special things, about her personality and who she is. I felt like with Addy before she was born some things had happened to give us insight into who she was. With Isla, this was that insight. It was sincerely a wonderful blessing and moment that I will be sure to tell her about for years to come.

After church, we came home and everyone else headed off to our cousin Elizabeth's baptism and the four of us spent time together. The last few days we have visited with some more friends and family, and today the last of them are trickling back to their homes. Now, we are enjoying Lester's days off and preparing ourselves to get back into a routine.


Powered by Blogger.