Back In The Swing of Things

/
0 Comments


Since being back, we've had an interesting week or two. The girls both finished up their soccer classes, and started their new swimming levels. I also had a lovely, low key Mother's Day being showered with cards and flowers from my people. We've done some more exploring in the city [high lights being the Children's Museum at Yerba Buena Gardens, Salt N Straw Ice Cream, Plow, etc]. This coupled with out door time on walks and family swimming has been nice, and we've enjoyed it. This whole fire man schedule sometimes stinks on weekends, but over all we like that we get to spend so much time together during the week. That has a been a rare and special blessing for us, and I'm sure we'll be holding on those memories and times when things get crazy again.






















Medically speaking its been interesting. I had a routine blood draw which the girls came with me for and they were all over the caretaker business-holding my hands, telling me what a great job I was doing, etc. It did my heart good to see how sweet they are. Then, shortly after that, Addy woke up one morning saying her body hurt-and that it for sure wasn't a growing pain. As I proceeded to get up out of a deep sleep to help her, see what I could do, she then threw up all over the place-and then apologized a ton for making a mess and said she would clean it up. And it broke my heart haha! I told her she didn't ever have to apologize for being sick, and she was doing a great job. After getting her [and the mess] cleaned up, we bunkered down for the long haul of whatever 24 hour virus it was, and eventually after a lot more yuckiness and fun at home time, we came through the other side. Then, about 48 hours after Addy was done, Isla like clockwork started on the same schedule poor thing. She also was an incredible trooper through out it all-I know its probably weird to say how proud you are of someone when they are sick, but they handled it like champs, and rarely complained. I feel so honored to be their Momma.







After she got better, we were free and clear for about a week, in which we did a few fun things [some listed above] and felt like we were good to go. Then, around 3:30/4:00 ish [literally just like the girls] it started for me. After the first few bouts of sickness, I felt like I was still able to handle it. But after the 6th time in two hours, and the baby freaking out as a result, going from being lethargic to hard contracting every 5 min contracting, we decided that even though we knew that it was probably the same thing the girls had, just delayed a week, we should probably go into the ER for the babies sake. Once we got there, they put me on fluids, scolded me for not going straight to a hospital w L&D and then monitored me for a while to see if they could get me hydrated w the fluids and anti nausea meds. After that didn't work, they transfered and admitted me to L&D in the hospital where I spent next 14 hours or so. Eventually, they were able to get the contractions to stop [thank goodness, since I'm only 28 weeks and some change] and get me hydrated [they pumped me full of fluid, magnesium, calcium, and reglan, along with some other fun stuff] to the point that I was able to go home that evening. I can't stop thinking about how grateful I am for the team of people I had to help me-between my family, Lester's family and of course Lester himself, I didn't once have to worry about if the girls were ok or being a burden to someone-instead I could just focus on trying to get me and the baby through this one. I think about our Oklahoma days, and I don't know what I would have done if the same things had happened then. So thanks again to all who helped-you guys are the real MVP's.


Now I'm home, and bed resting it till Tuessday when my next prenatal is. Its a slow process, but I feel marginally better every hour, so I'm happy with it. Step by step I suppose. And at the end of the day, it will all be worth it-even though we did have evidence of him repeatedly headbutting my cervix off and on for an hour haha. Crazy just like his Momma-looking forward to my days of holding him, and being able to cuddle his amazing sisters and sweet Daddy again.



Powered by Blogger.