Trying to Keep Up

/
0 Comments


Lately, I've had this habit of thinking to myself "I have to blog so I remember this awesome experience!" and then getting home, looking through all the pictures and my bed, feeling overwhelmed and pregnant tired, and thinking "NOPE!" and then not doing it. So now, fast forward 2 or so months and I haven't documented any of it. But today, NO MORE! This is happening. I will do my best to keep it brief and just add the fun and important stuff. And off we go!

-Both Memorial Day and the 4th of July have come and gone. On Memorial Day, we had a family night lesson about the sacrifices and those who have made our freedoms possible here in the good ol' USA. For the activity, we went to cemetery and visited Lester's grandfather's grave, and also talked about and showed the kids pictures of my Grandfather [both of whom were vets]. It was a sweet and special time, and we felt like the kids got most of what we were putting out there. On the 4th, we went to our local community park for potato sack races, face painting, live music and lots and lots of fun patriotism. Lisa and Grant met us there and played for a while, and it was fun. In the evening we met up w several of our church friends for snacks, firework/sparklers, spikeball and all that good stuff. It was so fun, for all of us, and we feel lucky to have so many good friends. A high light for me was definetly the pod of dolphins and 2 whales that swam right next to the shore for us to watch. It was a beauitful, loud night full of fun and good memories. I am grateful we live here, with all its wonderful, and hard things.


















-On Father's Day, we BBQ'ed with Lester's family, and made cards for the awesome men in our lives. We also went on a hike that he'd been wanting to go on for a while, and it was great. This has become a pastime we've enjoyed more and more as the girls are getting older and the weathers been getting nicer. Even Ms. Isla has become more independent, insisting on doing lots of things herself. It was great, and we love our Daddies!













-As usual, we've enjoyed being in the city lots. We've gone to Dandelion too many times for chocolate, finally tried Burma Superstar [The Rainnbow Salad, coconut chicken soup, and flower tea were perfection] and a few other yummy places, played at the Academy [the butterflies loved us!] and some beautiful outdoor spots, and done some shopping down town [which the girls made interesting as always] and lots of other fun stuff. I don't think we will ever find a city we love as much as San Francisco.





















-As always, we were involved with several fun church events. We got to help w a youth activity our church put on, which was fun. We spent so much time when we were teenagers attending these things, it was great to see how much work and dedication goes into making them happen. We are lucky to have a great group of youth and great group of leaders! There was also a fun activity called a service auction-I auctioned off a 'pie party' which enabled somebody to pick a date, and I would make them a dinner pie [like chicken pot pie] and a dessert one [like strawberry balsamic or peach pie, etc.] The whole activity was fun, and I enjoyed it! I'm baking less these days, so when I do get the chance to try something new, I really enjoy it. We also have such a great group of people in our area these days, so it makes it fun.












-My Mom, Luke and I met up with Becca to watch one of our favorite classic movies at the Stanford Theater-Arsenic and Old Lace, and for me, this was a high light. It was fun hearing people laughing and screaming who hadn't seen it before, including baby brother, who was would jump in every one of those moments. I loved it all!



-We spent a day in Marin with Daddy, visiting one of our favorite kids museums, and visitings some of our favorite nature and food spots, like Poise ice cream. It was a fun day! We also went and saw the movie Cars 3 in the theaters. Addy loved it, and I liked the lessons in it-Isla was just happy to roam through the empty aisles and occasionally watch haha.






-We had quite the slew of visitors a week or so ago, which was a lot of work, but a lot of fun of course! It all centered around the baby shower we were throwing for my sister Mariah. In the end, there was a great turn out and her and her soon to be baby girl got spoiled, which is just as a it should be! We also enjoyed the subsequent visits with family that came as a result-parituclarly with my Aunt Maryann, and my cousins Josh and Joel. All in all, it was a lot of fun catching up with all of them, for all of us.












-As is always the case, along with the ups came some hard downs. We lost two dear young friends, within about a week of each other. In both cases, they were young parents and mourning them was bittersweet and heavy to say the least. But the testimonies and memories their families shared at the funerals were full of hope, love and memories and conviction, and I know they live on through their children. I'm grateful we can be families forever through Jesus Christ, and although I wish it could have been under different circumstances, I'm also grateful for the reminder.

Throw in some chores, swimming lessons, work, play dates etc, and you have our last few months. We have a whole bunch more fun coming up before we take a step back in August and we welcome our sweet baby boy. I will probably try to update one more time before then, with all our happenings. Things are good!




Powered by Blogger.