Before Fall Is Over

/
0 Comments
We are in the midst of another 'good crazy' whirlwind over here these days. Basically until the end of December, we have a non stop stream of out of town family/friend visitors, plans and parties and little mini trips going on. While a little overwhelming at times [we currently have 14 people staying in the house right now, 4 of those being toddlers, and 3 of them being newborns!] it is the best kind of overwhelming-the kind full of love, noise, and lots and lost of fun. So I will take it!

However, because of that, I am am already falling behind on everything else that has been going on with us. So I will get caught up now, and attempt to be a little more on top of it in the next few weeks. Here's hoping!

First off,  we went to Disney on Ice like we had previously mentioned. It was a first for all of us, and I think because we had expectations of it being just for the kids, we were all happily impressed. We loved the Disney aspect of it of course, but the ice skating itself was beautiful and awe inspiring, with all the athletic jumps and twirls they had going on. And the storytelling, nostalgic atmosphere of it was pretty wonderful too. I loved hearing the girls sing along, watching their eyes light up when their favourite characters came out, or gasps when the villains came out. Over all, it was a great end to Addy's 5th birthday!












We also did our annual Halloween pumpkin carving, and I am happy to say that each year, we get better and better. This years models were quite impressive [apart from mine and Addy's, hence it is on the bottom haha! But we tried, and had fun, and thats what matters!] The girls loved playing in the pumpkin goop, and we loved hanging out and catching up with our friends. It was a blast, and we look forward to it every year!








And of course, we had our usual Halloween activities. Both our ward at church and my inlaws had activities, and this combined with actual Halloween trick or treating meant the kids had quite a haul. The night of we met up with several friends of ours at my inlaws and had my MIL's famous hot chocolate after trick or treating. It was a blast, and the kids are still working there way through their spoils. But in all honesty, my favourite part is still coming home and christening the BEST holiday, as we put up our Christmas decorations. Now I am writing this by Christmas tree lights wrapped in a cozy blanket, listening to the rain and loving life. So no complaints there!

 










We also have had the fun Luke and his friends over quite a bit here and there. Believe it or not, I have actually loved this bc they both make me feel young by acting like I'm cool [even though we KNOW thats not true haha] while also making me feel old [by fighting over who gets to hold my little baby boy.] So thats been good!



We've also tried some delicious new food places, tried some new ideas/recipes [my current favourite thing right now is bread-and I got to make some for my sweet friend Tori's baby shower we threw for her,  along with some chicken salad sandwiches and tarts!] and had some more fun with friends. Its been wonderful!










Now, we are in the middle of an unexpected visit from two of my sisters and their kiddos. It has been nonstop fun over here bc of that, and I love the time with them, almost as much as my kids love their time with their cousins.






















Powered by Blogger.