30 Flirty & Thriving

/
0 Comments
Its official-I've entered the realm of 30 flirty and thriving haha! If I'm honest, its kind of a relief. I feel like once you get past 22ish, for some reason the rest of bdays kind of blur and don't really feel super important for some reason. 30 feels like the real deal. I also think that while I don't necessarily feel mature enough to be this old, I also definitely watch the teenagers I'm around and feel like I'm more like 45 haha. So 30 seems like a good happy medium. 


This year, Lester was working on my bday so we decided to test out his baking skills and have a bunch of people over for dessert. Initially, it was for cake-princess cake to be exact. I was skeptical to say the least when he said he could execute that. But in true Lester fashion, he took that as a challenge and went to work. He kept cockily saying "Julia-its SCIENCE. How hard can it be?" It was so so fun when we literally got to eat his words haha. I was impressed that he actually got something assembled though-I think most husbands wouldn't have even gotten that far. And the jam was good-it ended up coming down to textures. He insisted on grinding down his own almonds for the marzipan and couldn't get them small enough, so that was weirdly crunchy/chewy. The custard had separated and was a little cooked eggish. And the sponge cake didn't have any air whipped into it so it was dense. One of my favourite things about Lester is how real he is-when it was done, he was cracking up  and said I should see if I could do better from the left over ingredients. I did, and learning from his mistakes, it turned out great. So from now on, he said I could do the baking and he'll do the photography-and that we could do all the cooking together. I love him so much. I looked at him as he was changing Bear's diaper the other day, and saw that he finally had one white hair to match my little patch of white and I said 'Lester. We are actually growing old together! Just like we wanted!' I think sometimes we get so busy that I forget that's what we're doing. This year has started out a little rough and I'm feeling a little nervous for all the changes that could potentially be coming our way. So it was good reminder that no matter what happens, or the fact that we're entering our 30s, we can do hard things, and we will do them together-just like we always wanted! 

Anywho, we had a bunch of our friends over for homemade ice cream sundaes instead of cake haha, and played some games earlier in the week. It was so fun-and then a sweet friend treated me to a pedicure later that week, and Lester was off to work. Then, while Lester was gone my family made the day special with balloons, a special dinner made by my Mom, and a cake by Luke. It was a fun day, and I appreciate all they did to make me feel special. We finished the week by enjoying Of The Grid with my inlaws, and some shopping. I feel so so lucky and blessed to have so many ppl love and support me. Life is good!



Lester's Attempt




My Attempt




The delicious raspberry chocolate cake Luke made for me.

Homemade hot fudge we made for ice cream Sundaes when we had friends over.



Isla was in ice cream heaven.




My favourite donut ever deserves its own picture. Old Fashioned lime glazed. 


Other things we've been up to are helping out w church activities [like youth conference], beach walks and play dates.We've tried some new cooking, and eating out and had a lot of cuddling in conjunction with a few lame sick days. Other then that, life has been good! Like I mentioned above, I think we are both feeling the winds of change coming our way-and its both exciting and nerve wracking. We'll see where they take us!







I love these people. 



They are cuddle buddies. 









We went and visited Luke on his break at work the other day, and Bear has loved hangin with the boys playing video games and stuff. 



Homemade veggies sandwiches, bread pudding, latkes and eggs. 



We got the below Bahn Mi at the farmers market. It was delicious. 







Powered by Blogger.