Leg 2-Florida & Disney World

/
0 Comments

When I was a kid I had the magical chance to go to Disneyland w my family a few times over the years. We always loved it, and so its been such a special experience being able to bring my own kiddos there now. Still-I never really thought in my life time that I'd get to go to Disney world. Enter my inlaws haha! Now that we are living far away from home, they suggested we do some traveling together this summer and make some memories. So, we left SF with all 7 of us and took a red eye to Florida. I'll be honest-it was a bit rough haha. Flying with kids is always an adventure-but the middle of the night long flights made it extra intense. Still, we made it in one piece, dropped off our stuff at the hotel and headed straight out to the parks. People were not exaggerating when they talked about the heat there-we all struggled the first day, but still enjoyed seeing Epcot and exploring a bit. The hotel was a welcome break from the heat, and we got some sleep and dinner and felt ready and recharged for the next day.







Lester, the kids and I tackled Magic Kingdom the next morning, and we had a much better experience. They definitely had some Disney magic going on there with giant birds, tree people,  fossil digs, dinosaur rides, Avatar land, Bugs life interactive shows and few fun character meets. In the middle of the day, we transferred switched over to Magic Kingdom where we met up with my inlaws and had a day full of amazing princess and character meets, some more rides and a few little shows. [Like-ALOT of character meets-believe it or not some that are not even pictured here..] That night, we got back at a decent time and loved enjoying the amazing pool all together and eating a late dinner before heading back to our comfy beds.
























 






















Our last day morning we headed out into the wet heat and started over to amazing Hollywood Studios. We walked right into an awesome Star Wars show, where we were surprised at the crowds lack of excitement and surprised. From there, we were able to practically walk right into meeting Kylo Ren, BB8 and my lifelong dream-Chewbacca! It was awesome. From there we went to a Disney Junior Dance party, which Bear loved until the ppl on stage started talking haha. From there, we headed over to Pixar Land which was amazing, and took the kids on the Slinky Dog roller coaster. Addy and the adults loved it-Isla hated every second of it haha. Bear and I also got to stop and meet Jessie, and he beamed through out it all. From there, we went switched back over to Epcot to meet up with my inlaws, and meet the last few princesses on our list before heading back over for some more swimming, dinner and to pack up everything for the last leg of our trip.






















Despite the heat and a few other setbacks, we were able to make a lot of beautiful memories with the kids. Addy's favourite thing was the roller coasters and rides, Isla loved splash pad and shows [including the interactive Belle one, where she played Chip], and Bear and all of us loved the character meets. There was not a single princess or character he did not charm-Cinderella, Merida and Mulan actually told that they wanted a few more minutes cuddling w Bear before we moved on. And we loved talking food w Tiana, and figuring out our spirit guides w Elena.

All in all it was a great experience and I know we'll all remember it for years to come. I still think I'm team Disneyland, but I think if I were ever to come back, I'd be excited-but I'd go during the winter next time haha. `


Powered by Blogger.