Leg 4 & End of the Race-SLC & Boise

/
0 Comments

Our last stop before getting back was good old Salt Lake City. After a long flight, we finally got in and grabbed brunch and some treats from Tuille's and Caputos. From here, we dropped off my inlaws stuff at their hotel and headed over to my sister's house in Kaysville-which was what the kids had been asking for since we got to NY haha. Once we got there, the we were in hog heaven, as we toured their new house, played on bikes, went on a walk through their cute neighborhood, found a hidden swing, and just visited. The girls loved getting all set up for their super cousin sleep over that they'd been longing for, and I loved seeing them so excited to be together with kids their own age, just like we did when were kids w our cousins.

Eventually, we headed back to SLC to walk through Temple Square, check our the new family history museum together, play at the play place and meet up w my BIL Andrew, and then grab some dinner at the Lion House. Once my inlaws were all set at their hotel, we headed back to Hillary and Andrews place and got the kids all set up for their sleep over. Lester and I kept our eyes open for as long as we could, which was embarrassingly short, but considering the last few weeks, I guess it is what it is.

The next morning we woke up slow, enjoyed hanging out and took our time getting out the door. From there, we met up for some swimming w my inlaws, and watched some of the world cup [Go USA!] before grabbing some lunch. Then we headed back over to Temple Square and City Creek mall for a bit of exploring, before eventually heading to a restaurant we had heard about for a fancy schmancy dinner. Then, we said an early good night to my inlaws, and headed back to Hillary's for a nice night at the park and Otter Pops, another sleep over, and a chance to hang out w Hillary and Andrew for realsies this time which was just what we needed. The next morning, we again slept in, hung out for a few more hours and then grabbed my inlaws for a quick breakfast at Gourmandise, and a chicken sandwich stop before making the drive back to our home in beautiful Boise.









Now, we are here and my inlaws have been here for 2 weeks. This is the first time since we moved that Lester has actually had multiple days to explore Boise with us, and that in itself has been magical. We've check out Bogus Basin and did some tubing, climbing and the mountain roller coaster, the Birds of Prey sanctuary, gone to parades and firework shows on the 4th of July [during which the firemen and women started a big water fight with the onlookers, them w hoses, crowd w water balloons], swam every single day, gone to a pig roast at our awesome friends [in which you KNOW we brought musubi haha!], eaten out several times, gone to our new ward again finally, checked out and picked an insane amount of lavender at a 'lavender festival', done more shopping then I ever want to again in my life haha, enjoyed the Farmer's markets, played at splash pads and gotten snow cones, seen a few movies at the theaters, and more. They are here a few more days, and in that time we have a day of wonderful nothing planned, and then a day of more exploring Idaho before they head off into the sunset.

Its been a whirlwind of busy, chaotic fun and if I'm honest-I'm ready for some boring, routine nothingness w my ppl. I know in moments of home sickness I will draw upon these memories though, and be glad for them-so I'll take that.

Until then, we'll be fine, bc we found a new boba place thats good...so if you need us, you know where to find us.

























Powered by Blogger.