Leg 1-California Home

/
0 Comments
Lately, its felt like the Amazing Race up in here-so in an effort to make writing it all easier, I am going to break our summer travels into separate posts. So here is leg one of our journey, written right before we took off. 

Tomorrow night, we say goodbye yet again to our CA and all the people, places and things we love. Its been a fun filled, crazy busy, and loud and beautiful visit with a lot of ups and some downs here and there. So before we set off on our next set of adventures, I wanted to record some of the fun memories we've had these last few days-especially before the end of our travels when we are back in a place where CA seems like a four letter word haha.

-We've spent a lot of days soaking up as many rays of sunshine, salty air and sandy beaches as we could with a million beach visits throughout the city, Pacifica, and HMB, some with friends.




























-I got to go to 2 very special baby showers, one for a dear friend Priscilla and one of my lifelong friends Becca. For one of them I got to help make some treats, and for the other one I got to bring my babies. Both were special and I loved every second of it, and cant wait to hold these sweet babies in real life once they are here.





-One of the main reasons I came when I did was to do a tour through the Oakland Temple House with my friends. This place holds so many special memories for me and Lester, so it was extremely special for me to share it with them. I find it to be such place of peace and love and I loved every second of it.



-We got to visit with my Grandparents, and some cousins and Aunties and Uncles of mine I loved enjoying these times with them. We loved getting to meet Becky's fiance [Beyonce] and Bear in particularly loved dancing with Grandma Chandler and eating Grandma Hanaike's oranges.





-We had lots of play dates at parks, beaches, aquariums, farmers markets, and delicious food places. Some high lights were an AMAZING mystery/scavenger hunt my Mom set up for Addy [per her love for Scooby Doo and mysteries like me] that ended in some baking, trying the new chocolate salon [Bloom] that Dandelion has w Lester, movie/dance night w Grandma and Grandpa, an awesome girls night at Wendy's with homemade donuts to top as we wanted, dinner and getting to hold my lifelong girlfriends babies, a bonfire at the beach on Sunday night, some water fights, Dumpling time and Julius Kahn park with some of my family, yoga at the amazing Grace Cathedral with some of my favourite women, finally trying Farmhouse Thai [which lived up to the hype] and other fun. I am sure I am forgetting to mention some awesome stuff, but these are the ones I remember for now.







































-We took a trip to Yountville one day and had fun exploring some beautiful little vineyards, and eating our way through all of Thomas Keller's counter service places. And boy did they live up the the hype-the winners for us for the the fish tacos and the chicken. Life changing yo.





















Its weird being at an age where you have your own life and family, and responsibilities and all the ties that come with that-realistically, now that we are multiplying every cost by 5, I don't know for sure when we will be back home again, and that is a little bit of a hard pill to swallow. For that reason, it made this trip all the more special and important for me, and I am so so grateful for that, and for all the people [my parents, siblings and friends] that made it possible. I feel pretty darn lucky to have so many people and things to miss, and who seem to miss me and mine back. So until next time, a piece of my heart will always remain here. And thats how it should be. Now-onward march into the great unknown.



Powered by Blogger.