Sunshine & Spring Stuff

/
0 Comments

How is it already April? I kinda don't know how we are already here tbh. So before more time escapes me, here are some of the things that we have been up to that I want to remember.. 

-Addy had a Wax Museum project where they had to pick an icon/influential person to research and pose as. Then they put on an event where people pressed the 'button' on their poster and they came to life and shared highlights about them. She picked Nelly Bly, an investigative journalist who exposed the horrible treatment of women being put in insane asylums. Her undercover work and articles changed the landscape of mental health laws and institutions forever. She also won a race around the world, reported from the war front, and fought for women's rights. I am so inspired by her and Addy! Public speaking is not her strong suit, but she was brave and did it anyway. [Plus it was fun seeing Stephen Hawking, Tupac Shakur, Queen Elizabeth the 2nd, Taylor Swift and Tolkien all next to each other.] Later that month I went on a field trip with her class to tour the middle school she will attend next year and I just can't believe we are already here-how is it all going so fast and why is she so old?!?!





-Isla and Addy had a concert at the local performing art center. Addy has been doing the lead drumming for a while at her school, and she got to perform alongside her teacher and mentor while there. Isla's choir also had an awesome performance at the same concert, and as usual, she killed it. I love seeing them thrive in their different interests and trying new things!




-We spent some time in the sunshine enjoying the water and cherry blossoms lately on weekends. This coupled with school for  kids, and preschool and museum days for Tal [amidst chores etc] has been our regular days. Bear and her are both growing like weeds and thriving in their various personalities and skills. They are both such happy kids and make everyone feel so loved and noticed, and I am proud of them. 


















-We had lots of fun little minor holidays. On St. Patty's Day we did some basic fun green activities [honestly I forget until the night before, apparently it's a thing that Larry has to come...oops. did the best I could under the circumstances!]  On Pi day Isla and I decided to use our rhubarb stash and bake a strawberry rhubarb masterpiece of a pie. It was delicious. It was also my birthday so I officially get to be a year older than Lester for a few months! I got spoiled w Korean BBW, a mani pedi, some awesome gifts [personalized hospital water bottles by the girls for the win haha!] and yummy dessert. It was all great. I'm so grateful for another year of this life with these people. 









- We had fun on Easter weekend at our neighbor friends for dinner, and the food, company and Easter egg hunt had everyone occupied for hours. It was just what we needed, and felt like the perfect beginning to Spring! 











Powered by Blogger.