Two Reasons

/
1 Comments
Addy has been getting over a bit of a cold and my poor girl has been pretty needy as a result. Yesterday in particular, she slept most of the day and cried when she was awake. It about broke my heart. As she fell into yet another fitful nap at one point, it made me realize how truly grateful I am to get to be a stay at home Mom. There are times where it is extremely difficult and I wish that I could talk to another adult, but then I see my girl. Even in the difficult moments like this one, I am happy I am home. Because if I wasn't someone else would be, and while they would do there best to take care of her and love her, they are not half as invested as I am in her. I am glad I home, because even when she is difficult, she is mine, and that gives me more patience and love then I could have with anyone else.

Today she is doing better...still having a bit of a hard time but still better. Which brings me to another reason I'm glad I get to be home with her. I desperately had to go to the bathroom, but she had been so fussy I thought for sure she would cry. So I put her in her crib, turned on her mobile my parents got for her, and literally ran to the bathroom. I thought I would hear her wailing within two seconds. But I heard nothing. When I finished, I ran back and found this:




Now, Addy's first real smile was when we home and it was at Lester. Since then, she's had several more but they have been fleeting and we werent able to catch them on camera. But this mobile gave me 10 straight minutes of smiles-enough that I was able to catch a few on camera! In fact she was so into it, that she didn't even seem to notice if I was there which is very unlike her. Point is-I'm glad I'm home or I would miss moments like this. And I personally can't get enough of these moments...even if they include lots daily diapers, outfit changes and naps as you see below haha.




I know this life isn't for everyone and that different people are suited to different things. I also know that there are pros and cons to everything, be it staying at home or going to work. But I am glad that this is what I am suited for, and that I have daily confirmation and support of that from my sweet girl and sweet husband.


Powered by Blogger.