Just Do It

/
0 Comments
Boy. When it rains, it pours. Lester has the flu now. I feel kinda like we're in the never ending stream of curve balls. Once one trial ends, another one comes whizzing at us and we are forced to say, 'OK how do we handle this one?' I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around taking care of Addy 24/7 and Lester 24/7, all while keeping them completely separate. She just got over bronchitis, so I would really love it if she could dodge this. I just keep thinking to myself 'how am I gonna do this?'

My Dad made a good point though when I called him [he does that every once in a while]. Of course, after trying to call Mom without success, he answered and was teasing me. But then he reminded me of the time when my Mom ruptured her Achilles tendon. I remember that from a young kids perspective-that is when I had to learn to do laundry myself and make food myself. I never thought about how it was from my parents vantage point.

Of course, it was hard enough for my Mom. But I never though about how my Dad had to work long days on top of trying to juggle the four of us [at the time], with different pick-ups, personalities and needs. Every time he started to think 'how am I gonna do this?' he would start to get overwhelmed, but that didn't change the fact that he still had to do it. So he decided to stop thinking about HOW he was going to make it happen, and just did it. I think maybe that's what I need to do in this situation-stop thinking and questioning the how, and just buckle down and make it happen. Just do it. Maybe the person who made the Nike slogan wasn't necessarily an athlete-maybe it was an incredibly busy, impossibly overwhelmed Mom.


I hope everything is going better for you guys out there-wish us luck. Here goes nothing!


Powered by Blogger.