10 & 11 Months

/
1 Comments
While it may not matter much to anyone else, I am very far behind in our month to month review of Adelaide's first year. Since we're coming up on her first bday in about two weeks, I thought I 'd take this opportunity to write some thoughts and memories about these past few months.

When I last wrote, Addy had just turned 9 months and we were in the process of moving. While very mobile in her furniture cruising, she didn't take her first real, legitimate steps until after that, when we were here. When she did, they were very wobbly and she was extremely hesitant, and we thought that although she was venturing out on her own, it would be a while before she was fully considered 'walking'. As usual, she proved us wrong. It has now been 11 months, and she is climbing and practically running. It is ridiculous how fast she is, and although sometimes it make for a lot of running and catching up on our part, it is so fun to see her face light up when she is chasing something or running away from us, and watch her little chubby baby legs scurry away. So officially, we will consider her as really consistently walking on her own at 10 months, which is around when my brother Luke was. Crazy to see him now helping his niece to walk when we used to help him do that. I love love love it!

As far as talking goes, she still thinks she can talk, but only has a few words to her name at this point. She uses them only when SHE wants to, not necessarily when we do, and while they are the real deal, they are still baby talk garbled. The words she tries to uses consistently are Dadda [this one is her favorite], Momma, hi and bye. When she says the last two she also waves, sometimes with one, or sometimes two hands and it is adorable. She also likes to try to copy the noises we make-like clicking her tongue, sneezing or coughing or squealing in excitement.

She is still just as friendly as ever. She loves people and people love her. Her smile takes up her whole face, and she gives them out often to people she knows and ones she doesn't. Lately, she has particularly been enjoying other kids and its fun to watch her play and interact with them. She has no problem sharing, although she does seem to get sad when the other kid does not seem to want to play with her-which is also adorable bc it leads to special cuddle with Momma, which I don't mind at all.

She is compassionate, and if she hears another person crying [like her cousin Audrey] she gets very concerned and whispers to me or her. Sometimes she even tries to touch her face or comfort her, but we are still working on the concept of being gentle haha, so that can't happen to much.

She still loves to show us how big she is, by throwing up both hands in the air-she does this whenever we ask her 'how big is Addy?' or when she hears clapping, yays, or even just sees a camera. She is such a ham, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

She loves reading all books [although we stick to board books bc she likes to rip pages], Curious George and of course, Disney movies-what can we say, she is her Mother's daughter haha. She is very good and focused whenever these are involved. She loves her families and lights up all our lives.

She still eats well, formula, fruits, veggies, breads and meats, but has no teeth so they have to be pureed or in tiny bite size pieces. Of course this doesn't stop her from trying to get her favorite scraps when she can get a hold of them-namely chocolate chips. She loves them and is hilarious, especially when she successfully finds one and tries to hide it.

Even as I'm sitting here writing this I can't believe we are coming up on her one year old birthday. Being a parent has changed my life, my relationships, my maturity and everything else. But I can truly say that thus far it has been in completely positive ways, and we are far better people for Adelaide's being here. I don't think before this I could have fathomed how much love a person can hold for their children-I am realizing that it is truly endless and impossible to imagine. I love seeing her thrive and grow and change, but at the same time I don't want her to grow up and change to much-I want her to always be my little girl. But still, that is the reality and joy of parenthood. I'm so glad God trusted us enough to raise this precious girl-she is a blessing and a joy and it has been fun to borrow her for this first crazy, hard, wonderful year of her life from him.

The next time I write about this, she will be a year. Until then!



Powered by Blogger.