Addy's 1st Birthday

/
0 Comments
Well. As much as I feel in denial, my daughter is a one year old. I can't help but look over all the pictures of her this last year-from the first moment we saw her, to the first diaper change, smile, crawl, step etc etc-to now, where she is such a little independent lady, ready to dive in to anything new. I am bursting at the seams with pride for this girl, and the fact that I get to say she is mine, at least for now. I love being her Mom and being along for the ride as she grows and changes every day.

Since we are home we thought we would do her first bday up right and have a big party. I'm lucky that I have the supportive husband I do to say the least haha! I think I learned a lot of what I will do and what won't do again when it come to my kid's bday parties in the future, but over all I think it was as success. Addy seemed to have a lot of fun, and it seemed like most people didn't want to leave, so I will chalk that as a win. We had it outdoors, at Frontier land park, and pigged out on bbq and other goodies we made. The weather was perfect, and it was good socializing with our loved ones, watching her devour cake and open presents, all while playing around and celebrating our ever smiling girl. Ultimately I'm really glad we did it.

Today, the day of her actual bday, we were lucky enough to be able to attend my brother-in-laws wedding, which was beautiful. Later, we also got to do cake and presents with Lester's side of the family, then pie with mine that night. We certainly get the best of both worlds being home, and I am loving watching Addy adore both sides of her family.


[the food and cake we made..thanks Mom for the help w the cake!]




[eating cake, opening presents and loving her new Goerge at her party-now she doesn't have to steal Uncle Luke's!]
[she LOVES playing on this slide my parents got her]
[who wakes up this smiley? This girl, especially on her bday morning! I JUST LOVE HER!]




 [2nd bday cake, day of at my inlaws]
[bday pie at my house]

I am sure some would say she is spoiled for having so much, but I would challenge them to find another baby as sweet tempered, kind and happy as she is. How can we not want to give her the world?  And how often are we going to be in a place where she has so much family to celebrate with? We would do it again a million times over. So happy 1st bday to our girl-we look forward to many more years of giving you everything we can and more, while you continue to give us a million reasons to smile. We love you!





Powered by Blogger.