Our Christmas Traditions

/
0 Comments
This is going to be a quick catch up post, bc Christmas is over but I haven't had time to log all these fun memories in yet.

Among some of the fun Christmas activities we've enjoyed recently, some favorite were ice skating and checking out the decorations at Union Square and Embarcadaro. My siblings had never ice skated before and it was fun watching them make their way very slowly off the wall and onto the center of the ice.









We also have really enjoyed our ward parties, both in our ward and my in laws ward. In the Serramonte ward, they went all out with the food, decorations, presents and even photography so that was fun.


We were also really able to get into the giving spirit of Christmas this year. We have had so much fun picking out presents and shopping for everyone this year. We even got Addy in on the experience, by having her help decorate. I wanted her to be able to participate, even if she didn't fully get it, and she had a lot of fun finger painting, coloring and putting stickers on the presents we got. I loved that we were able to truly say the gifts were from all of us this way.







We went on a few walks, to the beaches and parks, which is what I am used to for Christmas time. That has been fun.



We of course went overboard on the baking, with cookies of every variety, frosting, cupcakes etc. I attempted my annual Christmas chocolate croissants this year, and ironically, I followed the instructions better this time, but they didn't turn out as perfectly. Still, I like to do it because its something I can give with my own time and effort, which is what Christmas is all about. Giving your all, as the sweet Christ child did. We also did the usual story and scripture reading, cuddling and playing.




We celebrated my sister's birthday, with cake, ice cream and lots of dancing. Addy has quite the moves, and Sam had a good day which is what we wanted.



All of these have become Christmas time traditions for us, whether on purpose or on accident, and we have loved every second of it. Now, we are looking forward to Hillary and family to come visit, and to starting a new year strong. Hooray!




Powered by Blogger.