Fun Chaos

/
0 Comments


Have you ever been in one of those simulated tornado chambers? The one where you experience how intense and crazy the wind in one is, but in a totally controlled, fun, safe environment? Ya. I feel like the last week or two of my life has been one of those haha. Having lived through real tornados, I can say that those are no fun and to be avoided at all costs. But every once in a while, one of those little simualted ones of endless, fun chaos are great.

Less then a week after company left and we wrapped up Mariah's baby shower [see last post] my awesome friends from high school threw me the cutest baby shower ever. It was literary themed, and they went all out with it. The decorations were adorable and personal, and they even made delicious foods correlating with the children's book next to it-which were all also part of a sweet gift. We played games and there were activties that incorporated the kids who were there as well. This may sound silly, but it did wonders to make me feel loved, and even more excited for this sweet baby boy to join our family. I can't thank Lisa, Liz, Becca and Drea enough for the shower, and for being such an important part of my life all these years. They are such great Aunt's to my kids in our ever growing family [and thanks to the sweet friends who attended]. I am blessed beyond what I can express!


















Later that week, my sister and her husband came back for one last visit before we all have our babies, and we enjoyed hanging out with them. I also had book club, which is always fun, and then the intensity cranked up a notch. Without realizing how packed our week was, we had planned on having some friends over for wings after church on Sunday. We also didn't consult each other about how many people we each invited-so in the end, when everyone RSVP'd yes [and generously brought sides to share] we had a house packed full to the brim for dinner and games. It ended up being a blast, so much so that it went into the night. Once we had wrapped everything up, Lester got the girls to bed while I stayed up to prepare for Isla's 3rd bday playdate at the park with some friends the next morning.




The next morning, I finished all the odds and ends of frosting cupcakes, making fruit wands, loading up everything, etc and headed to the park. It was a little hectic at first, but ended up being an absoluetly goregous day with lots of Isla's friends and family. She loved every second of it, and I loved seeing her be the center of attention for once. I think thats important for everyone to have every once in a while, especially for a soon to be middle child haha. Again, thanks to all the friends who came to both things. Friends and family are such a wonderful thing!



















After cleaning and packing everything up from the park, Lester packed us all up for a birthday camping trip in Yosemite [courtesy of my parents-thanks, it was the perfect bday present for him!] We stayed the night in Fresno visiting with my sister's in laws, and it was great. We woke up at 4:30 the next morning and did the rest of the drive in record time, avoiding all the crowds. We ate breakfast at an almost empty, sunlit Glacier Point and it was beautiful. So peacful, and good rejuvination for the soul. After enjoying our time here, we met up with my parents and Luke at Lower Yosemite Falls where Luke, Lester and Addy scaled the waterfall,and the rest of us climbed, snacked and enjoyed the view and mist while we waited for them. From here, we took the shuttle to the Mirror Lake trail and hiked into a beautiful, scenic place and played in the water, sand and rocks for hours, against the back drop of half dome. Stuff of dreams people. Eventually, we made the mile hike back, and baby brother gave me a hard time for it-I sicnerely wondered if we might have to have him there, and name him after Ansel Adams at one point haha. But after making it back to our crowded shuttle, we made it to our campsite and set up for the night. We ate hot dogs and fruit, and smores by the fire and hung out with my family in the beautiful valley. We called it an early night, although I still got an amazing view of the hundreds of stars when I had to pee at 2:30 that morning haha. The next morning, we made quick work of packing things up before heading over to Olmstead Point for a little bit of rock climbing and more goregous views, before heading over to Tuolome Meadows. Our last stop was at Tenaya Lake, where we played in the water before starting the long drive home. It was a perfect trip full of beautiful memories, even with being 8 months pregnant. It was made even sweeter when we heard the news that our first ever sweet nephew was born, thanks to Hillary and Andrew. He is a total doll, and I'm hoping he gave his cousins the hint and that they will join him soon.

























































Now, we are back and preparing for our baby boy's arrival, and spending our last little while as a family of 4. More good things to come in this beautiful life of ours!



Powered by Blogger.