Things Lately

/
0 Comments

Oh hey guys heeeeey! Now that the summer months are approaching, I'm finding myself more and more bombarded with things to keep up with. Of course, that means leaving the blog on the back burner...so since I have a second in between things, I am going to attempt to catch up on memorable things right now, before the details become hazier and theres even more to write down.

-Mother's Day has come and gone! While Lester has been spoiling me for years now, its kind of the first year the kids are starting show more personal interest in it, which has been really fun for me! The week of, Adelaide came home from school every day beaming saying they'd been working on a special surprise. She said that was different then a secret, so it was ok that she didn't tell me right away, which I thought was cute. On Friday, she came bounding out a with a beautiful hand painted picture frame, note, and art work for me. My own sweet Mama also had helped Isla make some surprise book marks for me, which you know I will be putting to good use, and some other sweet notes and art work. The day of, my Lester Pester Poo walked in the door with arms full of roses for me, my Mom, my Aunt, my Grandma and his Mom, all of whom we got to visit with that day. He also had brought me breakfast, and spoiled me with a stress free day and a fancy, home cooked dinner where I didn't have to lift a finger. It ended w chocolates and lots of cuddles with all the 3 of these babies who have given me the pleasure of being their Mom.

I've been thinking a lot about the different sacrifices one makes in life-ones that are a little easier to make, and ones that hurt a little bit. I knew when I became a Mom that there would be things I would miss out on-I knew there would be a lot of sleep less nights, dirty diapers, and missed parties or nights out, or things just for me that might not happen. But I think we are lucky in life that in some respect, we get to choose the sacrifice's we make. I chose these sacrifices, and even now when there are moments I wish I got more sleep or got to go away for a weekend here or there, or have our own place again, I know I would make the same choice over and over again. I feel with all of me that they are worth every sacrifice-and I'm grateful for the village its taking to help me learn how to be a Mother [especially with my own Mom's example] and to support me as I make these sacrifices. Its a hard, beautiful, taxing, fulfilling job that I'm grateful I get to have. And I'm grateful for the sacrifices of others to get me here. So thank you for that.





-We've been able to have some more fun food adventures. Addy had a field trip to the farmers market with her class, which we tagged a long to, and its been fun cooking veggies with her and smoking meats with Lester and baking some bread and goodies here and there. We've had some fun eating out at places like China Live, and also trying some new things at home like making our own from scratch pasta. Its been good for the soul!




















d



-We've had several days of beach walks, parks, swimming days, play dates with friends and school of course. A high light was revisting our old stomping grounds at the Academy recently. I love that the girls are developing a love for science and nature, and their abilities. I hope they will always be eager to pursue these things. And Addy enjoyed a color run fundraiser in which she shocked us all by doing a total of 21 laps. Where she gets this energy, I dont know, but I could definetly use some of that..


























-One of my closest, oldest friends is getting married this year, and so we got to go to her bridal shower. I got to make a desert to bring, and since the theme was floral, I had a friend teach me some tricks, and make some pretty cookies. I don't know if this will make sense or not, but I think friends are friend regardless of whats going on in their lives-but it makes it even nicer when you are at the same point in life. These girls have been a part of so many of the important moments in life-its been such a blessing and honor for me to be able to present for theres now, and I am so so looking forward to not being the only married Mom in the group any more haha. So this has been wonderful! I've also been able to go to a few baby showers for some good friends. Again, I am love love loving this new phase of all of our lives!





So, these are the things that have been going on in our neck of the woods lately. I am sure there are things I've forgotten along the way, but I've obviously got way too many pictures and things on here as it is. Ultimately, life is good and we are fairly happy and healthy, so I will take it! 


Powered by Blogger.