6 Months

/
0 Comments
I realize I'm a few days late, but I still want to get these memories and things down. Addy is 6 months old now; this is one of those strange phenomenons they talk about where it doesn't feel like she's been here that long, but I can't imagine life without her now.

At six months, our girl is full of personality, spunk and attitude. She now loves her jumpy toy, and uses it to do everything from practice her steps, swing herself, and of course, bounce. I believe she is also the smiliest baby I have ever seen in my whole life. Whether its reactionary or just because she is in a good mood she give us those big toothless grins often. She knows what she likes and what she doesn't but often times she will humor me and try the things she's pretty sure she isn't a fan of.

She eats like a fiend-she is most partial to apples and pears, but will still eat all her squash and peas etc. She loves Blue's Clues and I think she has a crush on Steve-every time she sees him she starts flailing and jumping like crazy, and if she hears the songs she does the same. She also seems to be an extra big fan of her Uncle Luke who will go out of his way to make her laugh and smile, even if it involves looking a little silly.

She likes her schedule, and if we let her, she will keep it fairly well. Two naps a day, an hour each, baby food in the morning and at night, then a bath, then stories, some lullabies and bed around 8:00 like clockwork. Still, if we decide to change it up and have a late night out when Daddy is home, she is all in, and still does just fine the next day. Like I said-she knows what she likes and what she doesn't, so if she is tired, she will fall asleep, and if she is not she won't-end of story haha.

When she plays, she plays hard, banging, throwing, swiping etc etc. Yet she is still extremely focused and sweet-when she feels something that is a new texture or she doesn't understand, she can scratch, stare and rub at it for hours. And if she thinks I am sad she will stare at me and lean in and smile or touch my face to make sure I'm ok.

She still loves bath time, and is now able to stand herself up if their is leverage to grab onto. We've switched her to the toddler side of her bath as a result.

She is semi mobile, which I am grateful for. I knew it would be quite a change when she started crawling or walking, but I didn't realize quite how much I would have to adjust haha! For example-she is able to scoot forward to if she chooses to, but in the process she doesn't understand that you shouldn't scoot into things. I forget how much babies don't know-so as she was scooting on her blanket, I went to use the bathroom. I come back just in time for her to scoot her head right into the entertainment system-as she's looking at it! Not hard or anything, but still-I was in the bathroom a total of maybe five minutes, and when I had left the room she wasn't anywhere near it! The same thing happened in her jumpy toy. She's jump-swinging her self like normal, and I go to work on some dishes, like I have before, and she jumps right into the wall-again as she's looking at it. Both times she wailed and stopped crying about two seconds after I picked her up and we cuddled for a while. Of course, she's learned her lesson and hasn't done it again. But still-I am not looking forward to when she is fully mobile-I can just imagine all the fun we will have then haha!

She loves reading still and right now her favorite is the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. She especially loves the last page where he turns into a butterfly-she's definitely a girly girl in that aspect, and in the massive smile and head turn she does when we put dresses on her or call her beautiful. Now a days, after I read the story I hand her the book where she promptly holds it and practices turning the pages until the next story is over.

She loves music of all kinds. Lately, we have been listening to of course a lot of Disney music and she is really enjoying that. She also loves to 'bake', or at least she enjoys watching the process as I put her in the carrier while I cook/bake. She gets excited when the mixer is going, which cracks me up because even though its loud, she loves it, whereas when Lester sneezes she gets scared. Granted, he does sneeze louder then anyone I've heard haha..

She is still very friendly-when we are in stores she will sometimes start babbling or spitting and leaning towards a person and smiling in the aisle till she gets there attention. Then she gets all happy, as do they when they see this crazy baby looking at them. At this point though, she has to have me in her sights almost at all times. She will play with most anyone, but only if she can see me. I find that this is a good happy medium. It make it possible for me to get some things done, but I'm still left feeling flattered that she needs me and likes me.

She is unembarrassed about everything, like most babies, and I love this. If she poops or spits up or whatever, she doesn't try to hold back the sounds or look around to see if anyone is listening-she just goes at it no problem; and if people laugh often times she will smile and laugh too because she sees other people doing it. She is just so funny.

She still loves to cuddle and still makes my heart feel like its going to burst with how happy she makes me. I know I am not the same person I was before I had her, and maybe others would see that as negative-but I love the person she is making me and the lessons I am learning from this journey of motherhood. I have never felt so fulfilled as when she lets me rock her to sleep and sing in my not so amazing voice, or as when I get to watch her Daddy make her laugh hysterically. These last 6 months have been full of humbling experiences where I've seen many of my shortcomings, but still they have truly been a joy. I look forward to the next 6 to see how far we've come and where me and my girl are at that point. Until then I will just enjoy this little 6 month old kindred spirit I get to raise. Lucky, lucky me!










Powered by Blogger.