Read To Me

/
0 Comments
A friend gave us a bunch of little books at one of my baby showers, and we have since added to that collection. Luckily, Addy loves reading as much as I do! Every day we spend at least 45 minutes [either all at once or spread throughout the day] reading through all of them. She focuses so well and loves to talk with the pages and pictures, and there are certain ones that she always seems to dose off to.  For play time, we love 'The Belly Button Book' and 'The Cat in the Hat'. For singing we like 'Nursery Rhymes' and 'Brown Bear Brown Bear'.  For art work work, we like 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' and 'Hello Ocean'. For night time, we especially love the books 'Goodnight Moon' and 'My Love Will Find You.' Anyways-I have always loved to read and I am excited to see that Addy is enjoying it to. Reading with her is one of my favorite times of day. I hope this is an interest that will continue with her for a long time, and that this poem a friend quoted rings true for her, as it did for me:

"You may have tangible wealth untold;
caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer that I, you can never be-
I had a Mother who read to me."

[chilling with some the books we just read]
[Uncle Luke sometimes gets in on the action and reads to her through Skype]




Powered by Blogger.