Comparison

/
0 Comments
One of the many incredible gifts I received at one of my baby showers was from my Mom. It was unique, sentimental and personal and I loved it! In the pretty box we now hold Addy's toys in was an array of things my Mom had kept from my childhood. It all went along with a photo album that included pictures of me from those years. I would turn the pages, and then get to a picture with a post it marker on it that said a number, then unwrap the wrapped package in the box that went along with said number and picture. It included all sorts of goodies, but I thought it would be fun to put some pictures along with Addy using the gifts here!

One of them was a dress I wore as baby, around 4 or 5 months. You may remember the pictures I posted of her in it-here is a picture of me wearing that same dress, and below is a picture of Addy to compare:



There was another dress in the box from when my family [which was only my parents and I at the time..] went to Hawaii. Here are pictures of me in the dress, and now Addy. [I think her skin color does the dress better justice if you know what I mean haha...]



Lastly, I'm putting up a picture of me using my baby blanket, which was also in this box. It is now one of the blankets that Addy uses to roll around and play on.


The box housed several other wonderful things that I will cherish and hopefully gift to my kids someday-but I just wanted to share these three with you because I thought it would be fun to compare. I remember while being pregnant having no idea what she would look like. Now, I almost always hear how much she look like a little girl version of Lester-but I think these pictures show that both in a physical sense, and also personality one I am in there to. Addy is her own person, but she has parents and grandparents who love her and will contribute to whoever she becomes. I just hope I can give her the gift of a wonderful Mother, the way mine did for me.


Powered by Blogger.