Gush

/
1 Comments
I'm going to gush about my Lester again so feel free to skip this is your not interested. Last week Lester worked a whopping 72 hours..maybe to some people that's not a lot, but I think it is-especially when he's got two girls at home so excited to see him when he comes back tired. So yesterday on his day off, even though he was beat, he got up and came with us to Addy's routine doctor's appointment and held her while she got her shots [I of course whimpered in the corner.] Then we got some lunch and went and saw the much hyped Iron Man 3. It was good, and an all around fun day. That night, I put Addy and tired Lester down at like 8:30. I stayed up for a few hours and tried to get a few small things done, then eventually gave in and went to sleep as well...I remember vaguely hearing some movement around three, but not enough to get me up. The next morning, Addy woke up at 9:30 [later then usual, probably bc we were out and about all day yesterday..] and I got up feeling refreshed from all the extra sleep, but still trying figure out how to do everything on the agenda that day. Then, to my surprise, I brought her out to the a SPOTLESS apartment...I guess Lester got up in the middle of the night and cleaned everything-dishes washed, garbage taken out, toys picked up, you name it, he did it. I try to keep up with everything, and usually I do pretty good,  but sometimes its a lot to juggle with her being so little and also while trying to keep everyone fed, cleaned, entertained, safe, loved and happy. Today, I won't have as much to attack because of what he did. I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself because Lester will be working all week for our first Mother's Day, including the day of, so we won't really get to celebrate. But then he does stuff like this, and I am reminded that he tries so hard to make every day 'Julia Day' and 'Addy Day' with the compassionate things he does and his humility. I love my husband for the millions of ways he shows me he cares and tries to serve me, whether its a holiday or not. I am so lucky, and I love him so much.

[this was quite a while ago, right after we had 'officially' started dating after he got back from his mission. That boy is fiiine.]



Powered by Blogger.