7 Months

/
0 Comments
What with everything that's been going on in our world lately, I haven't had the chance to write Addy's 7 month post so I will do it now. I was debating whether or not to forgo it, but I did that once before and now I am regretting it..so here goes.

More and more everyday Addy seems to act like a toddler to me. She is still borderline to a full out crawl, but so far she sticks with her combo rolling-army crawl style. I think she is of the mind set 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. She also stands firmly while holding on to things and this is her favorite thing. She is definitely gaining balance, and can hold herself in a standing position without holding on to  anything for about 5 seconds-this doesn't sound like a lot, but compared to a last month and her age she is doing great. When she sits now, we don't worry whether she will fall or not. The fact is, if she does its because she's propelling herself forward and wants to get into a crawling position. Its pretty fun to watch.
[not the best pic, but she is trying to roll away from getting her diaper changed...]

Since she is so firm in her sitting, we are now letting her sit in high chairs and shopping cart seats now. When we try to leave her in her car seat, she gets mad because she loves to be up near us and all the other people; she just has to be a part of the action. She is still as friendly as ever and smiles and talks to everyone she meets.

She is gaining her own likes and dislikes, and is extremely independent. Before, when I would offer her any baby food or room temperature bottles, she didn't care and would go for it. Now if she doesn't like something she will turn her head as far as possible and bob and weave as I try to give it to her. When she is tired and ready for a nap or bed, she only wants blankets that are that nice soft fuzzy material and she has to hold them in her tight little fists till she's out.

She also is doing this funny thing where she tries to feed herself her own bottles. While she can firmly hold onto them, she still can't seem to get it into the position she needs to in order to get the milk flowing. Its funny to watch her get frustrated, but never ever give up and let me help. She also is focused. If she wants Daddy's pen, she will stop at nothing till she gets that thing. No distractions will work.

She genuinely seems to think she can talk as-she babbles to herself sometimes, but often she will stare at us and make different facial expressions and head tilts as she does a combination of syllables, spits, and squeals. If we ask her  a question, she will respond with more of this, and if I whisper, she will lean in and whisper in her silly little language back. I love it.


[in both pics, she is in the middle of telling me some long stories...]

She still loves bath time, and is now no longer using her baby tub because she forces herself up and out when we try it. She also still loves story time, and always wants to help turn the pages. She likes music and Disney movies, and has her own form of jumpy jerks we call dance moves. It is adorable.

Even though she has a mind of her own, she is still our cuddly girl and nestles into our chests, or rests her head on our shoulders as she talks to us. She likes us to sit next to her while she plays so every few minutes she can look at us, smile, rest her head on our legs while babbling, then go back to what she is doing. It melts my heart every time.



She definitely has a strong personality, and will do this high pitched shriek if she is not getting what she wants-its pretty ear piercing, but I think part of it may also be her teething. While for the most part she is a peach, she will throw temper fits now for more then just the usual tired or hungry reasons these days-but luckily its fairly rare and again, I think it has to do with teething.

Over all, she is truly a joy and she lights up our home, lives and hearts. I mentioned in my last post about the tornado and her positive attitude and cute oblivious smiles. There is a term they seem to use here often-I heard for months before the tornado, but never really thought about it. It is 'Oklahoma Strong.' Lester and I used to joke that we will teaser her forever about the fact that she is an Okie and was born here; like whenever she does something silly we'll say 'oh its bc your from Oklahoma..' like it was a big joke. But if there is one thing I hope my Oklahoma daughter takes from being born here, I hope it is that. I hope she will always be this light in the darkness, and always remain Oklahoma Strong because that is something to be proud of and something I hope I can be.



Powered by Blogger.