My Sister Sam

/
0 Comments
I feel like I've blogged here and there about my brother but right now I would like to blog about my sister Sam. Her birthday is the day after Christmas, so with all the festivities I don't always get around to blogging on her special day. So I will take this time to do that right now, as she is going into surgery and will need something to read during her recovery!

Sam is one of the spunkiest, most unique and fun individuals. I remember when she was a baby she had a smile that seems to go from ear to ear and it could light up a room-I think her niece has gotten that from her. She still has that smile, although you can only catch them if you see her in person, which makes them all the more worth earning. It took her a long time to learn to talk as a kid, but once she did it seemed like she didn't stop because she had so many things going through her bright mind she wanted to share them all! She is willing and ready to offer any one her friendship, and she is an extremely loyal and kind person. If she is your friend, you will never have to walk alone. She is true to herself-she knows what she likes, and one of my favorite things about her is that she doesn't change that for anyone. Whether its Harry Stiles from One Direction or Full House, or things more serious like her beliefs and values, she sticks to her guns even if that is not always the popular choice. We need more people like that! I want to be like that! She is an example to me, and always has been. She exudes the divine nature the girls in her church talk about and is proud of it. She walks in righteous paths, whether that means she is surrounded by friends, or whether she is walking alone. And the best part is she is happy to do it-I have never been good being alone, but she has taught me that we never truly are alone when we walk confidently with our friend and Savior. She loves to dance and sing, and she does this often. She is smart and beautiful. She has these huge brown eyes and adorable freckles and the most gorgeous, wild dark red hair you could find anywhere. She forgives people easily, and is always willing to give the benefit of the doubt. She is definitely a spit fire and is passionate about the things she does and doesn't like, and she makes that known.

I love Sam and I am so happy and proud to call her my sister! She is having surgery today which will require an long and difficult recovery, and I know that before she went in she was nervous. I hope she knows how proud we are of her and that we are praying for her often. It will be difficult, but she is made of strong stuff and she will make it through this! We are so excited that we will be able to see her in 20 something days and we can't wait till that time comes. YOU ARE LOVED SAM! Know you are thought of and prayed for and that this is temporary and better things are coming!








Powered by Blogger.