Mom's Visit

/
0 Comments
My Mom arrived at the Oklahoma airport on the last day of Lester's internship last Saturday. Addy and I spent the entire day in excitement trying not to watch the clock and count the minutes. When they finally got here, it was seriously bliss. Addy and her Grandma immediately fell in love with each other and we all spent the night just enjoying each others company and being together.

The next day, we woke up and made breakfast burritos before heading off to church. This was Addy's first official week, as she has just turned a month old. E.J. picked us up and we all enjoyed the meetings, although Addy had us rotating in and out of the various classes haha. But she is worth it ;) After church, we headed over to E.J.'s for a delicious lunch. Once we got home, we took our Sunday naps and ate dinner and of course cookies while watching Northern Exposure and hanging out.

Monday morning, Lester headed out for some last signatures for his internship, while the three of us girls went for a walk around the complex. Once he got home, we were extremely happy to find that rental cars were at a ridiculously low price-so we decided to go on an impromptu trip to Texas to visit my Mom's sister and her family. The drive to their house is only about 3 hours, so apart from one stop to feed Addy we made it in fairly good time. It was SO fun. So much family-ones I've met and ones I hadn't before-I loved it. It was nice to because over the years I have seen and cuddled all of Rocio's kids-and this time, she got to do that with our baby! I know it was great for my Mom to be with her sister too. Over all, it was just a blast. While there, we were able to see most of my cousins in that family, and a few of us are at an age where we are starting to have kids. It is fun to watch this new generation and imagine and hope they will get to have relationships that we had as kids, even though we lived far away. Anyways, while there we enjoyed some delicious food, a picnic at a lake, lots of Once Upon A Time, and of course, some Just Dance and Phase 10. We also stopped for some frozen custard and to see Chio's exciting new house! When we left on Wednesday it was bittersweet, but we are just glad for the wonderful visit.

Once home, my Mom and I ran out to the store to get all the groceries for our Thanksgiving feast the next day. It was crowded and I kinda felt like we were on a game show, but good. After Thanksgiving, which I already blogged about, we had one more day together. We spent a lot of time talking, laughing,  face timing with family, playing some games like Monopoly Deal. My Mom made a delicious turkey soup and of course, left us with a batch of cookies and lots of yummy leftover. We watched the movie Brave that night while we finished online black Friday shopping, and then my Mom and I stayed up for a while just talking and stuff.

Her visit was not only fun, but extremely helpful. Both physically and emotionally. Lester and I both got more sleep, and Addy got a lot of cuddle time with her sweet Grandma. We tried to convince her to never leave, but since we will see her in a week she ended up going anyways.

It was a great visit and the three of us loved every second of it. I can't wait for the day when we can all live a lot lot closer.




















Powered by Blogger.