How We Spend Our Days

/
1 Comments
This is just a preview into what mine an Addy's days are like. Typically she wakes up early, and I feed her and we hang out for a bit before a big long morning nap. Often I will wake up a little bit before her and get a few things done, like breakfast for me and clean a little. Then, she wakes up, she eats again, and we do our play/practice time. We play with her toys and boppy. Lately we have been working on her grip and her tummy time. She is slowly but surely starting to get to the point where she is reaching for the toys, and every day she gets better at actually grasping it. The point in her tummy time is to work on her arms, but without realizing it, she is constantly using her overly strong legs to propel herself forward. I am hoping she doesn't realize what she's doing other wise we will have an early crawler haha. She also has been working on her back strength-she has been holding her head up for weeks now, but now that she is working on other areas she's starting to get closer to being able to sit up by herself. After this, we [every other day] will give her a bath [which she loves] dress her for the day then put her in the frontal carrier and doing some more cleaning and cooking. She LOVES to listen and watch the cooking in particular. Eventually, she will often fall asleep and then when I take her off to feed her, we read some stories and sing some primary songs before putting her down for another nap. When she wakes up, we bundle up real tight and will go for a walk to check the mail, and do laps around the teeny little park area they have so we can get some air and exercise. When we get back, we often Skye with Hillary or my family and finish cleaning and cooking until Daddy gets home and wants to play with us. Mingle in a few more feedings here and there, and that is our typical day.

[making chicken pot pie for dinner..homegirl finally conks out!]

[this is one of her small, starting to smile looks. What a flirt!]

[smiling with her tired hard working Daddy!]

Its pretty basic and it may not sound important. But every day I see her learning and growing and I like to feel like some of that is because of me. I think I have so many worries of meeting all her needs and wanting to make sure she knows how much I love her, but I am blessed to be able to see that she knows this in her eyes and smiles. Like me she is a people person and she loves a good party or adventure. She has been reciprocating smiles a lot more now, although she saves most of them for her Daddy, who puts her to bed at nights. Anyways-its a good life and I am happy to call it mine.


Powered by Blogger.