This Season In Time

/
0 Comments
In reading my friends blog the other day, she referenced Ecclesiastics 3:1-8 which says this:

To every thing there is a season, 
and a time to every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted
A time to kill, and a time to heal
A time to break down, and a time to build up
A time to weep, and a time to laugh
A time to mourn, a time to dance
A time to cast away stone, and time to gather stone together
A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing
A time to get, and a time to lose.
A time to keep, and a time to cast away
A time to rend, and a time to sew
A time to silence, and a time to speak
A time to love, and a time to hate
A time of war, and a time of peace. 

This struck me. I think I've asked myself multiple times why am I here in this situation? There must be a reason-a purpose to these experiences here. This scripture reminded me that there is a purpose and reason to this season of my life. For the past few years, it has been time to dance, laugh, gain, love and enjoy peace. But maybe now is the opposite end of that. A time to plant seeds of growth-a time to break down [maybe even often] so that I can someday be built up better. A time to heal from a changed body and changed heart. A time to be silence and learn to be happy by myself. And of course, a time to weep as I let go. And you know what? That doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing...it can lead me to get re-acquainted with myself and who I am now, and to say farewell to the person I used to be, with all her fun but also huge imperfections. I am not the same person I was, and so it is time to let go of that girl and that time and accept/get to know this one. Lester & Addy don't need that girl any more, and despite what I sometimes think, I don't need her either. What we need is exactly me.

It is my time to be Addy's Mom, to love her and be her everything. Time to enjoy her smiles, her cries, her silly noises and rocking her to sleep. The same girl who referenced this scripture in her blog also referenced this poem her Mom has in her room. It says:

Quiet down cobwebs,
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby,
and babies don't keep.

This time won't last. In all its difficulties and all beautiful moments, this to shall pass. Both the hard ones and the sweet baby filled ones. This time is important and I have to try everything I can to live in it and appreciate it. And I am sure I shall be better for it.






Powered by Blogger.