Sleeping or Fake Sleeping?

/
0 Comments
Well, it turns out everything went much smoother then anticipated. We got to the hospital at 8:00 in the midst of a tornado watch [darkest clouds I've ever seen, but it didn't turn into a tornado which is great]. After waiting for a while, they admitted us into radiology and said only one parent at a time could come in [ridiculous!]. So I went in there with her. I was already trying not to cry, when he said they wouldn't be sedating so I would have to help hold her down. I told them to hang on, because me and Lester were going to switch. There was no way I was going to be able to do that. He went in, and I held it together until I heard her screaming and crying from the waiting room. Of course, then I cried too. About 45 minutes later, my two came out in great moods. Turns the reason they didn't have to sedate her is because they had an alternative, way easier way of doing it. The put something called contrast in a bottle and had her drink it, then cat scanned her tummy which high lighted what they needed to see. So in the end, there was no scary sedation and no scary scope. We still have no idea why the doctor told us it would be that way.

Anyways, we have a follow up appointment on Tuesday to get the results, but were feeling pretty optimistic. As much as I don't want it to, the formula/breastfeeding seems to be working. We will see. Again, we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for all the love, concern and support you've all given us. It has meant the world.

PS: Addy has this funny habit of fake sleeping at times. A day or two after the appointment she has been extra sleepy. You can usually tell which it is by her face. Below she is really sleeping.


And here, she is half sleeping/fake sleeping. I would look over at her and she'd be peeking, then see me looking at her and close her eyes really quick. So funny. 



Powered by Blogger.