Sacrifice

/
0 Comments
Today it is Easter Sunday. We were lucky enough to be able to attend church as a family today, even if it was just for the beginning of it since Lester has to work. I've been thinking a lot about all the sacrifices we've been making lately for our families-Lester especially. Between work, church and everything else we don't get to see him as often as we'd like and sometimes I feel discouraged from this, and from being away from all our friends and family. I find myself asking why we have to make so many sacrifices...but days like this remind me why.

We are trading in something of worth to us-our time and sometimes our talents-for something worth so much more. Just like our Savior did for us-but his sacrifice was so much bigger, and because of that so much more all-reaching. We read in the scriptures how he suffered pains, sufferings, disease and death to make this ultimate sacrifice. So much so that he bled from every pore. But he followed through with it, and he sacrificed for us. This day we celebrate our utmost joy in his resurrection-he conquered and loosed the bands of death as a result of this sacrifice. All this so that in him, we might find life and a way home. Today is a day of resurrection, newness and joy. Even the seasons rejoice this time of year as they bring forth sunshine, flowers and happiness. They testify of him, as do I. I know my Savior lives, and that he loves me. I'm grateful he gave his life, and was resurrected for me and for all mankind. I'm grateful for this day and this time to remember that because of him, even though Lester and I can't be together right this second, we can be together forever in the eternities. It gives me hope and it gives me peace.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in my ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

[What we sacrifice for]



PS: A nice lady in our church ward made us the adorable dress Addy is wearing...how nice is that!]


Powered by Blogger.