Color Me Contented

/
0 Comments
Today I turned 25. Or as Lester & Luke like to keep reminding me 'a quarter of a century' haha. It is funny to think look back on the so far of my life and see who I was then and who I am now. It is definitely reflected in the ways I celebrated and the things I think about. For example, I think this year was probably one of the most low key birthdays I've ever had. But I find myself also feeling more contented then I ever have-calm, at peace and fulfilled. If you knew me back when, you would realize what a huge statement this is! But I love it with all my heart.

I got to sleep in a bit, and I got the joy of waking up with my husband next to me, since he didn't work today! This in itself was wonderful. Addy was in a great mood the entire day, all smiles, cuddles and giggles for me. I opened my present from my parents right away and it was a blue ray version of Cinderella [we're trying to stock up on Disney classics] and the movie Chocolat. There were also sweet notes and some delicious Ghiradelli chocolate. They know me so well. Addy and I watched Cinderella while Lester ran some quick errands for birthday stuff and when he got home my sweet friends took me out for lunch at an Italian restaurant. It was my first time out without Addy. It was nice to not have to worry about her crying or needing something, but weird at the same time-I felt like my right arm was missing haha. But it was good. When I got home, Lester was working on my annual homemade cake [mint chocolate chip ice cream cake] and had gotten me 2 bouquets of beautiful flowers. That boy still gets me. After spending some time together doing other things, we went to Cattleman's Steakhouse for dinner. The steak was delicious and it was a fun family date. We came home and enjoyed getting together with some friends for cake and games. We finished out the night skyping with my family and then watching Wreck It Ralph which I loved.

It really was just an all around good, chill, fun day. I felt special and loved and contented, and that is what every girl looks for. I feel like Anne of Green Gables, when she said "I am happy Dianna-and nothing is gonna hold me back." I didn't see it before and its taken quite a while to get back here, but I am coming to the realization that I am happy-and I am not going to let anything hold me back. Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it. 25 is going to be a good year for me. I just know it.

[Don't you just love how her cheeks are as big as mine right now, even though I'm blowing candles out? I do!]

[this silly girl with the beautiful flowers Lester got me]

[one of Addy's friends that came over]



Powered by Blogger.